• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He'll be home tomorrow evening or early Saturday morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
I posted about him here:

http://forums.avianavenue.com/rehome-highway/5515-i-really-want-help-quaker-pics-him-his-cage.html

She called me back just now and said she got him into the smaller cage (one with no paint chipping) and that she would call me in the morning from work to let me know her schedule, what time she gets off. So, I will have him tomorrow evening or early Saturday morning at the latest! :dance4::dance4:

She's going to meet me, 45 minutes closer than what I had planned on, at a Walmart. Which is still about 2 hours from here, she must live out in the middle of nowhere flat! :eek:

Either way, he will be home soon! :laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:

She said she had to towel him to get him into the smaller cage. So I may need some help on retaming him etc. I know there are many people on this forum I can depend on or I would feel lost about now, wondering what I'm in for and how I'll handle it.

I am so excited! :dance4::dance4:

Today, Thanksgiving, is a hard sad day for me and hubby for several reasons, but when she called she made my evening! :dancing::dancing:

Quest

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Judy
Deb,
Great! Let us know
when you get him home!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Deb, that is great news that you are getting him. How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about him.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Congratulations Deb!!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Thanks, he is MY baby! I have wanted a quaker for a while. She said she has been praying for a good home for him and I have been praying for a quaker and a gcc. Isn't that just too awesome?!
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

And to think I was looking more for a gcc and this little man just fell in my lap! :heart::heart:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
YAY! I am so excited for you Deb! :elefant::elefant:

With a lot of time and patience he will tame down a lot, especially since he'll be in your care. :D

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:lol:Most certainly - it's very exciting!

Any names in mind? :D

liltweets

Jogging around the block
His name is Buddy but I'm wondering if I should change it to give him a new start? I guess I should wait and see if he knows his name?

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
If he has been responding to "Buddy" then I'd leave it. ;) I've never changed any of my birds names, they were name-less before I got them, lol.. makes it easier!

But I think Buddy is an awesome name for a lil' Quaker, you'll love having him around without a doubt.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I posted about him here:

http://forums.avianavenue.com/rehome-highway/5515-i-really-want-help-quaker-pics-him-his-cage.html

She called me back just now and said she got him into the smaller cage (one with no paint chipping) and that she would call me in the morning from work to let me know her schedule, what time she gets off. So, I will have him tomorrow evening or early Saturday morning at the latest! :dance4::dance4:

She's going to meet me, 45 minutes closer than what I had planned on, at a Walmart. Which is still about 2 hours from here, she must live out in the middle of nowhere flat! :eek:

Either way, he will be home soon! :laughing12::laughing12::laughing12:

She said she had to towel him to get him into the smaller cage. So I may need some help on retaming him etc. I know there are many people on this forum I can depend on or I would feel lost about now, wondering what I'm in for and how I'll handle it.

I am so excited! :dance4::dance4:

Today, Thanksgiving, is a hard sad day for me and hubby for several reasons, but when she called she made my evening! :dancing::dancing:
This is such great news. I am glad he is coming home and SO glad it helped to make your Thanksgiving warmer. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about him.:hug8:

liltweets

Jogging around the block
I'll take pics as soon as he is comfortable. Who knows, he may just fit right in from day one and not mind the camera..

Renae, if you think it's best to leave his name Buddy, then Buddy it is.

MJ was already named after I got her (after Michael Jordan by a boy down the street :p ) and I left it as that.

Buddy will be home soon! Yep, he sure made my Thanksgiving day! :heart:

:hug8:

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I'll take pics as soon as he is comfortable. Who knows, he may just fit right in from day one and not mind the camera..

Renae, if you think it's best to leave his name Buddy, then Buddy it is.

MJ was already named after I got her (after Michael Jordan by a boy down the street :p ) and I left it as that.

Buddy will be home soon! Yep, he sure made my Thanksgiving day! :heart:

:hug8:
I typically rename rescue animals, particularly if they have had a questionable past. I don't want any association with anything negative that may have gone on in their lives.

Ashley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
I have two GCC'S I am trying to tame down but those little beaks hurt lol....Congrats on the quaker

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Hi Vicki, I was thinking that too. He has not been out of his cage in a year and has lived in a back room.

If he knows his name and even says it, should I still try to change it? I want him to have a brand new start in life.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
Thanks Ashley.
A friend of mine has 2 gccs and yes, those little beaks do hurt! lol

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats! How exciting. The way I renamed Pretty was I just called her both names at the same time for awhile and then slowly dropped off the Gracie. and now she knows for sure her name is Pretty. I think I've even caught her saying it a few times.
Good luck with getting him and taming him. Can't wait to see and hear more about him.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Hi Vicki, I was thinking that too. He has not been out of his cage in a year and has lived in a back room.

If he knows his name and even says it, should I still try to change it? I want him to have a brand new start in life.
If it were me, I would. I am fostering to adopt an amazon that is almost 40 years old. He has lived in a cage without being held for the past 18 years, and who knows before that. Also, his name was Peppy, which I just absolutely couldn't stand. So, I changed it.

I have left the names before, but usually with rescue dogs who came from good situations. But, if I don't know about their past or question that it was not good or if I personally just don't like the name I'll change it.

All you have to do is say his name often, preferably when giving him food and she will get it, trust me:) There is no need to pick a name that sounds like the old one or ease him into it, just change it if you want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.