• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Healthy Day Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today, I took Max back to the vet (again). That trip just doesn't get any shorter, y'know? And this time his sinus flush was totally successful. Dr. Oglesbee removed the blockage. Also, she did endoscopy and another culture just to be sure we're getting everything with this medication, but she thinks he's showing improvement and feels we should keep him on the Cipro for another several weeks. This is just going to take some time.

I also received my new Austin Healthmate air purifier today. I had a Healthmate Jr., but this is the full size version. It is now running in the big girls' room, and Max now has an Austin in his room. Whew, what a relief. I feel like I can finally relax about the quality of air everyone is breathing.

In other news, Sunny's beak is improving greatly. She felt good enough to chew holes in my linen pants yesterday :)

I think my flock may actually be fully healthy soon :dance4:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Wonderful news, Holiday! So happy is everyone is doing better.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is nice to hear good news!

Matt

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
awesome news :)

But I'm curious do they do a endoscopy to a bird the same way it's done to humans? When I had mine done( actually had 3 in one day) they shoved a tube w/ a camera down my throat - Gave me some green stuff to drink to "numb" my throat 1st - which it did NOT numb my throat just made me want to toss my cookies, then they shoved the scope down - that was no fun what so ever for me, the doctors or the 4-5 nurses holding me down and they were some big girls!

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
That's great news.

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Yeah! Glad to hear things are looking up over there! :)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
That's fantastic!! :dance4::hug8:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
awesome news :)

But I'm curious do they do a endoscopy to a bird the same way it's done to humans? When I had mine done( actually had 3 in one day) they shoved a tube w/ a camera down my throat - Gave me some green stuff to drink to "numb" my throat 1st - which it did NOT numb my throat just made me want to toss my cookies, then they shoved the scope down - that was no fun what so ever for me, the doctors or the 4-5 nurses holding me down and they were some big girls!
I don't know for sure, because they took him in the back to do the endoscopy and the flush. But, I think she passed the scope up through the choana. She was also on the lookout for any fungal issues, although she told me she didn't "see" any yeast, but I believe she meant under the microscope. Anyway, the flush removed the blockage, so I guess there wasn't anything to see. His sinus infection should clear up fine with the antibiotics now :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I am so glad that your flock is getting better!

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I'm soooo glad to hear that Max is doing better... I've been really thinking about getting a air filter myself.. I never had one before.. I hate to sound stupid but do they really make a difference?

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm soooo glad to hear that Max is doing better... I've been really thinking about getting a air filter myself.. I never had one before.. I hate to sound stupid but do they really make a difference?
Yes, they really do. You can tell that they're cleaning the air after just a few hours of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.