• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Health Diet bird seed mixes

FuzzyHydralisk

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Allison
I've been seeing these at Pet Value (a canadian chain) lately and I picked up some for my budgie today after looking at the ingredients for the Parakeet/Budgie seed mix:
White Proso Millet, Canary Grass Seed, Oat Groats, Red Proso Millet, Vegetable Oil
Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (Min.) 11%, Crude Fiber (Max) 7%, Crude Fat (Min.) 3%, Moisture (Max) 13%
That's it. It comes vacuum packed in a releasable bag, all the air sucked out of it - they have a few other bags for cockatiels, cockatiels (but without sunflower seeds), finches, and canaries. I'm going to use this as a base diet and keep trying to introduce sprouts and veggies.

It's not very expensive, either - 1kg/2.2lb for 5.99.

The ingredients for the rest are pretty good, too - I can get them if anyone else is interested - mostly I just wanted to know what other people thought about it!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
are you offering any type of pellet?

FuzzyHydralisk

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Allison
I am, yes - roudybush, in the smallest size they had at the store (Nibbles?) I still can't tell if any's been eaten, though. :/