• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Has anyone had a bad dream about their bird(s)?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
OR bad dreams.

Eeek, I had one last night, well this morning to be technical.

I keep both my cat and kitten inside and I had a dream that my cat was in a cat crate and for some reason, I needed to put my budgies AND Cockatiels in there, so while the cat was still in there, I was loading all the budgies in, the cat was sitting there looking at them, they (budgies) were on a wooden perch, a really olden day looking one, the cat was still sitting there glaring, then I got the Cockatiels in, and I had turned around to get something and all of a sudden my cat started attacking the budgies and got a few of the Cockatiels, they had holes on them from the cat and there was blood everywhere, I took the cat out and I was screaming and then I came on Avian Avenue.. (LOL :o:) I remember this exactly, and put the title as "I'm possibly going to lose some of my birds :(" and I started bawling, then I woke up. I got up and checked the bird room, this was at 5am, and made sure the cat and kitten weren't in there, nope, they were asleep in the kitchen.

But seriously, I'd never be that stupid, but I'm obviously stupid enough to do it in my dreams. :rolleyes:

If you have any scary dreams about your birds, feel free to share them!

Last edited:

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Yes, I've had bad dreams that isis has flown away and that I was trying desperately to find her and wake up sobbing....

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I have dreams of Sam flying away....and me trying to find her

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Yes, I had a horrible one the other night that when I went to get Chotu he was stuffed and when I touched him his wings fell off. I was horrified and woke myself up.

Ginger

Cory

Real Name
Cory
What an interesting topic!

Yes, I have as well. They are just horrifying! :( I can't remember any now at the top of my head though...

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Oh yes I have had a few and they plain out terrified me. I have had dreams of him flying away, dying, etc.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I had a horrible dream of someone breaking in to my house and taking my birds, stuffing them in the wash machine and turning it on and I could hear them screaming in the wash machine to be let out. It was terrifying and I woke up and was actually halfway down the stairs before I realized that I was dreaming it. I still went in to the bird room to check on them. It literally put me into a panic, I ripped off one of my fake nails trying to get down the stairs through the babygate. :( I never want to dream something like that ever again.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Yes, I had a horrible one the other night that when I went to get Chotu he was stuffed and when I touched him his wings fell off. I was horrified and woke myself up.

Ginger
:omg::lol::lol::lol::hehe::hehe::hehe:

Time to change meds my dear!!! :D

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
yes, I have had dreams about the fids dying and flying away. I wake up scared and have to go and check on them when I wake up, even if it is in the middle of the night.

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I have actually.
Ive been working the Graveyards for our Dog Boarding facility since the partners have been in the US on semi retirement. The inconsistent sleeping patterns and long nights and even longer days at home with the kids has caused me to start dreaming while Im half awake, which makes the dreams feel SUPER realistic.....

Anyways, I have dreamt several times that as Im lying in bed trying to fall asleep (the bed is in the middle of the daycare, with the dogs surrounding me) Im staring up at the rafters, and all of a sudden I see one of my blue male budgies (Bombay) jumping around up there. I start panicking that he`s gonna fly down to the bed and get chomped by a dog so I spend most of the dream desperatly trying to convince him to stay up there, praying for sunlight when someone arrives to help me get him down.
It feels so real I usually have to spend the first 20 mins in the morning convincing myself he wasnt actually there.....
LOL

Feels really scary while Im dreaming it, but repeating it makes it sound not so scary, LOL

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I have never dreamed ill of my birds. I cant imagine what a nightmare that was!!:hug8::hug8:

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
I haven't yet, but I'm still a newbie parront. I'm sure my day will come unfortunately, I have crazy messed up dreams. :(

:hug8: for everyone!

Bethany

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
I did :(
It was a long while ago!
I was put my bird cages by a window one night, and I woke up & went down stairs to see the window wide open & a crow sitting right by the cages..
Then my budgies flew out the window.. or the crow flew off with one :( I can't remember exactaly!
I got out of bed at 3 that night to go check on them :o:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ive had dreams where I havent fed my birds in a loooooong time and when I pick them up. theyre just starving and Im crying my eyes out....Ugh! Horrible. Ewww, I dont even want to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.