• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

has anyone else changed the gender preference in their parrot?

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I wish I could edit my post and add that Bokka and Koo HATED men. And if they were alive today, no parrot expert with cockatoo energy would sway their opinions.

That's only because somebody like me never tried to change that. :D

Cara

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Cara MacKay
I was told Rocky preferred men over women based on a wide sample of people. He was immediately drawn to me the first time I met him. About a week after he moved in, he decided that hubby should die a slow, painful death. It's been almost 12 years, and he hasn't changed that opinion. I think the right guy (lots of big bird experience and tolerance for a bird that doesn't want to be touched) could win him over if I wasn't in the room. @Kayaker could do it, I bet. Chico only really knew men before coming here. He prefers me to Jim although he's OK with Jim. I've been told I have macaw phermones or something. Macaws usually respond pretty positively to me. I think Zuni overall prefers men to women when he meets knew people, but he's pretty psychotic either way. Kirby likes people with long hair. No-one in this house has long hair, but he goes ga-ga when he sees a man or woman with long hair. Otherwise, he is a mama's boy. When I'm not home, Jim is acceptable.

Sophie and Pooka are fine with either gender human. I might be slightly higher on the list, because I am the toy and food bringer.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
That's only because somebody like me never tried to change that. :D
Goodluck ;)

They both grew tolerance towards men, like my brothers and bf, but neither liked them and would often enjoy stealth attacks whether I was present or not. Lol