• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harrison's Mash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Next week I'm getting 2 bags of Harrison's Pellets, but I seen Harrison's Mash as well and was thinking about grabbing some of that too.

My fids LOVE their vegetable/sweet potato and pumpkin mash, but this'll be something completely different and they're fairly good when it comes to "new foods/mash's".

Is there anyone that gives their fids the mash? I was thinking maybe mixing some veggies in with it or something, or just give it to them plain?

Tell me all! :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think Dotty does and Bea likes it alot!!:cool1:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im also interested in what other have to say. I want to try some on my Moby (trying to get him off roudy bush and onto harrison pellets).

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was able to convert Emma to Harrisons lifetime pellets by offering a few Harrisons Powertreats during the course of 3 months.:hehe: Now she refuses Roudybush and only eats Harrisons pellets.:rolleyes:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I have been trying to get both of mine to eat the mash and the pellets. So far not to successful with it. Jasper will eat a few bites of the mash and Tango will not touch it. So far neither one of them are touching the pellets. I bought the fine and think I am going to pick up some of the course and see if they would like that better. Mine tend to like foods they can hold in their footsies

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm converting my birds over to Harrison's Pellets, I'm hoping they'll like them. :)

I was thinking about giving them Harrison's mash first so they get the taste of it and then giving them the Harrison's Pellets.

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
Haha I've been playing with the idea of using the mash too, seems like the majority of us have been thinking about it, but not many people do it regularly. I don't understand though, is it meant to be mixed with water and served mashy like that? Or is it intended to be sprinkled over top of other things? Does it harm it in any way to mix it with some warm unsweetned juice or some water?

Renae

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm not sure how it's made "mashy" but I assume most probably with water, that's the only thing I can think of. :p I couldn't see any harm in sprinkling some over soft foods, that's a really good idea!

Your last question is a good one. The juice would give it a bit of taste!

Kermit

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jacque
i think juice would be good at first to get the bird liking it then you could try switching the juice for water and then trying to give them the pellets

i switched my IRN to Harrison's by taking his Laferber's away for just a couple hours and gave him some Harrison's in place of the lafervers and he practicly gobbled the harrison's...he still eats his harrison's with gusto...he's a harrison's addict. tried to give him some laferbers so i could use those up and he just picked the harrison's out and left the laferbers...wouldn't eat them for anything even when lightly soaked in unsweetened apple juice. he want's his Harrison's and that's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.