• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harper is plucking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
cut the pomagrantes and cranberries that might help it took 10 days before it affected Percy and since he had little feathers he was raw now I keep a food diary and add only one food at a time:hug8:

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I'm so sorry Allison....

I think you're on to something with the loss of Miracle and the flight going to Maddie. Tango has that problem where he leaves his chest all downy, and he first started when his old owner went on vacation. He's grown them back, but he will pick them every now and again and it's happened when:
1) I didn't see him for a 36 hour period
2) I didn't wake him up when he was calling for me for about another hour because I was too sick to get out of bed

It seems his is triggered emotionally by the absence of his person....so I could see how the flight having another bird in it that isn't Miracle could be doing it.

:hug8: I hope everything works out.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I will stop the pomegranates and cranberries.
I have her in the flight now, and Maddie is free. I hope this doesn't make it worse, but she isn't as fast now, without her feathers, and I don't want Kei to bite her. She was always to quick for him before and I don't know what he would do if he was able to get her.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
And she is stepping up now. She hasn't willingly stepped up since when I got her (she was clipped so it's a similar situation with her not being able to fly as well).

Carol S.

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I don't have any experience with this but Im sorry you are going through this. Maybe the vet visit will reveal an easy fix:fingerscrossed:

Status
Not open for further replies.