• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Harness advise please

Sharonitaw

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sharon
Hello, I'm looking for some advise on harnesses for my GCC. I've tried training Petrie with the Aviator harness, but he's only ever gotten comfortable enough to stand next to it. I did try putting it on him once and taking him outside in the hope that the experience would be positive enough to outweigh his displeasure for the harness, but he just spent the entire time (only about a minute or two) trying to chew out of it.
I think part of what scares him is the amount of material?
One other harness I've seen is by Leather4Feathers (Harness) has anyone else tried/had experience with it?
I think it might work well seeing as the leash isn't attached (minimizing the about of scary cords while training) and because it clips into place Petrie might feel less like he's tangled/trapped?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I think from memory some of our members prefer the avian web harness. @Hankmacaw uses this one I think for Jasper.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I prefer the avian web harness, because it is easier to get on my bird and she (a GW macaw) can't seem to chew through the straps like she does with the aviator.