• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Had the scare of my life today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Ginger, he said he was sick to his stomach with worry and he kept thinking "Leslie is going to kill me!" lol

Tracie...out of all the years we had her it never happened before...I am sooo careful. It was such a terrible feeling and it is so cold here and there are so many bad people out there.

I was sooo happy to have her home that I emailed a letter to the chief of police in my town...I just got a response...how sweet....

I am still in the police station and I checked around to inquire to see if I could learn a little more of the story regarding Coco.

Our Officer Charles Blanchard told me that a woman found Coco on Westmont Avenue; and brought Coco here to the police station and dropped her off. I informed Officer Blanchard that you wrote a very nice email, and I wondered if he might know the name of the woman who dropped Coco off so that I could tell you.

He told me he did not get her name; he said she appeared to be short on time, and wanted only to make sure Coco got back home. She just dropped her off, and left. He said he then noticed the tag and brought Coco back.

Thanks again for writing. I just felt that I wanted to at least see if I could get any more details to the story, and since the officer is still here, I went and asked him.
Again, thanks so much for your kind words.

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
so glad to hear that Coco is alright. :hug8:

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Makes me realize there are still good people in the world.

And Coco got to visit the police station. I wonder what she was thinking....scared? confused? sad? What an adventure for such an old girl....I can't stop picturing her wandering all alone...:(

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg: What an ordeal.
I love great endings.:hug8:

Greycloud

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, I so glad you have Coco home, safe and sound. I know how you feel. We had just moved and th girls (minnie schnauzers) found a gap in the fence. We searched all day. I ried, all day. The next day I called animal control and they gave me the number of the person who found them. They stayed togeter and were about 6 blocks away. So glad for kind people.

southernbirds

Thankfully the ordeal is over for all three of you. I think your poor husband suffered the most. Imagine the guilt he would have if the dog had not been found. So glad for a happy ending for the beginning of 2010.

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
OMG how scary! I'm so glad Coco is okay!

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Oh, I so glad you have Coco home, safe and sound. I know how you feel. We had just moved and th girls (minnie schnauzers) found a gap in the fence. We searched all day. I ried, all day. The next day I called animal control and they gave me the number of the person who found them. They stayed togeter and were about 6 blocks away. So glad for kind people.
Oh how lucky they were! When John let Coco out, Roxi our other dog did not go out with her...otherwise they might have stuck together too...

Thankfully the ordeal is over for all three of you. I think your poor husband suffered the most. Imagine the guilt he would have if the dog had not been found. So glad for a happy ending for the beginning of 2010.
I know...I was so upset he let it happen...I really was. But we all make mistakes, I know, and he loves Coco so much. He is the one that saved her from a bad home when she was one year old...she has been with us since.

OMG how scary! I'm so glad Coco is okay!
Thank you.

southernbirds

Leslie...I hope you all have a very good night's sleep. Sweet Dreams.....

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I'm so glad she got home safe and sound! Seeing that gate open will make your heart stop.

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
i am soo glad coco's safe and back home to her mommy..!!
bless the women for helping coco

:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
OMGoodness...how scary for all of you. I'm all choked up thinking of Coco wandering around. I'm so glad she's home safe and sound. Is there a vitamin boost you can give her to ward off any effects of being out in the cold?
Please give her a long hug from Aunt Marie.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Thanks everyone...she is my baby and doing ok...seems a bit sore though and tired, but safe at home. Marie that is a good idea...will look into it.

I will give her a hug from you Marie when I get home...

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
:omg: Leslie that would have scared the bonkers out of me too. Im so glad she is home safe and sound and like kristy said sooo glad there are angels still walking around out there.. Give her hugs from Isis and I..

Tamara

Real Name
Tamara R Money
Got a call from my husband this afternoon. He was home today as contractors worked on our heat.

He had let Coco our 16 year old nearly blind and deaf, arthitic chocolate lab out in the yard. He said he checked the gates and they were closed. One of the workers then had used the side gate and left it open....Coco wandered out. John was distracted inside with another of the workers and didnt' think to look for her as she usually barks to come in. (She is out there no more than 5 minutes and wants to come back in).

Well, he finally remembered, went to let her in and realized she was gone! He had all the workers looking for her and they could not find her. They started driving around thinking she could not hav gotten far....no luck.

Finally Johnn flagged a police officer over and the officer said a woman had just called them to say she found a lab and an officer came, got her and brought her home!

She had walked at least 8 blocks and crossing a pretty busy city street....thank God she was ok. i cried just thinking about losing her...she must have been sooo cold and confused.

So I am giving her tons of love tonight and am so happy someone was looking out for her!
:omg:Thank goodness she was ok!!!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
OMG!!! IM soo HAPPY SHE IS HOME AND SAFE! The poor baby!:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Diana88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Diana
Good that she is back! The home is the best. She had luck that she is ok now. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.