• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Had a scare with Chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Chopper was out on his play gym and something must have spooked him...he flew down to the floor....He must have hit something....the cabinet, radiator? His beak wouldn't stop bleeding..a lot of blood. We couldn't get it to stop, so I rushed him to my vet, luckily only 5 minutes away. They took him right away saying, "THis is one of Leslie's birds!" Finally after a few attempts they were able to stop the bleeding...I can't remember what it was called they put on it, but they are hoping it does the job. The beak chipped a bit on the underside of the upper beak...a really strange location so not sure how it chipped there.

I got a hug from Doctor Kathy who was cracking up at Chopper asking "Ya alright?" when they were done. THey did not charge me for the emergency visit! So didn't cost me anything..how nice.

I hope it doesn't start bleeding again...

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
glad Chopper is ok! Sounds like you have a celebribirdie there :cool1:

:hug8:

Linda

Strolling the yard
That was great that they treated him for no charge. Hugs and blessings headed your way.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, it's so great they were able to help on short notice. I hope he feels better soon :)

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
THey love me and my birds there! lol

Yes Danita, I took out his food bowl and tomorrow will give him only soft foods...I feel so bad for my little guy. And seeing all that blood is so scary for sure. John is downstairs with him now checking on him...I think when he comes up I will sleep on the sofa so I am near him...I worry about it starting to bleed again.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Wow, it's so great they were able to help on short notice. I hope he feels better soon :)
THey are so good there. I called when it happened and they said to bring him right over...once there I didn't even have to wait, they saw him right away! I can't say enough good things about them!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Oh Leslie, how scary. So glad Chopper is okay. Sending healing prayers your way.

tracie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tracie
awww poor baby. Sending postive thoughts and energy that that cute little guy feels much better tomorrow. There is just something about these little grey angels that just gets to me.

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That's really scary. I'm glad you were able to get him treated so quickly.

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
eeeek! My heart was pounding there. So glad Chopper's beak is ok. What peace of mind for you to be so close by. What a great vet! Hope his beak does not bleed anymore.

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
No more bleeding over night! so we will give him only soft foods today.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Leslie just seeing this. Gosh first Coco now Chopper..no more scares for Leslie! :lol: Glad Chopper was OK during the night. :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
ho w scary is that!!!!!!! so glad he will be ok..

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Leslie just seeing this. Gosh first Coco now Chopper..no more scares for Leslie! :lol: Glad Chopper was OK during the night. :hug8:
I know! Too much to go through in one week! I also had a little thing with Nani yesterday morning...her left toes were kind of curled under and she was losing her balance as she couldnt' really walk...I massaged her tootsies a bit and cuddled her and after a bit she was ok. She seems to get these cramps or something once in a while....it has happened before but she snaps out of it.

I am going home for lunch today to check on Chopper....

birdlady

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Chopper is very quiet and not himself...not vocal and active. I guess his beak is sore?

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Leslie I just saw your Nani thread...sending good vibes and positive energy to you and your family!! :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.