• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures GUESS WHO PARTIED TONIGHT!

Lo_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
The boys decided to come out tonight while I was cleaning and rearranging their cage!! Made me so happy.
Echo loved Ollie's play stand lol. Percy wasn't too excited to come out but he couldn't stand that Echo was having fun and he wasn't :p
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful babies having a good time.

Reactions: Lo_

MyAussieFriends

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Alyssa
This makes me so happy! Did they go back into their cages on their own? Or did you have to play the step-up-fly-away game?

I find that once they get into the daily habit of coming out, they will either go back into their cage on their own once they get a little sleepy, or they will step up nicely to go back to their cage.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
This makes me so happy! Did they go back into their cages on their own? Or did you have to play the step-up-fly-away game?

I find that once they get into the daily habit of coming out, they will either go back into their cage on their own once they get a little sleepy, or they will step up nicely to go back to their cage.

Me too! I've been trying to get them to come out for a couple weeks now, I would just leave the door open while I cleaned and such and they just weren't having it. Idk what changed last night but something did :D

We played step up fly away for a little bit but it was stressing/wearing them out because they aren't used to flying that much outside of their cage so I just let them crawl back in when they were ready :lol: Maybe next time I can get one of them to step up :p

WeasleyLover

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
How wonderful, I love to see little budgies happy and exploring!

Seeing your two cling to the closet door made me laugh, because that is a frequent hang out spot for Bella and Dobby! :hehe:

Loppy

Real Name
Jen
Ah yes, the joys of watching budgies fly around and explore (and cause havoc on occasion). Mine would find themselves on top of the fridge, or on the curtain rod in our living room. Perky loved perching herself on my mother's glasses, or on the side of the popcorn bowl. She would then flap her wings and send popcorn everywhere. They'd also go for rides on my father's head. I miss them!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Very cute and happy budgies! ♥

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
How wonderful, I love to see little budgies happy and exploring!

Seeing your two cling to the closet door made me laugh, because that is a frequent hang out spot for Bella and Dobby! :hehe:

Lol! They really liked it up there, even though it looks like they are having trouble hanging on haha.

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Ah yes, the joys of watching budgies fly around and explore (and cause havoc on occasion). Mine would find themselves on top of the fridge, or on the curtain rod in our living room. Perky loved perching herself on my mother's glasses, or on the side of the popcorn bowl. She would then flap her wings and send popcorn everywhere. They'd also go for rides on my father's head. I miss them!
Percy crashed into one of my new plants and I was like no Percy whyyy, get out of the dirt! Haha he didn't stay for long, it freaked him out too much.
Those are cute stories, I just love little budgies!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Such a couple of cuties! My budgies cage door is open all day, but they rarely come out. :( When they do make an appearance outside their cage, it's a budgie free-for-all. They like to buzz around your head when you're sitting on the couch....:)

Lo_

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Lauren
Such a couple of cuties! My budgies cage door is open all day, but they rarely come out. :( When they do make an appearance outside their cage, it's a budgie free-for-all. They like to buzz around your head when you're sitting on the couch....:)
Thanks! :D
Boo! They are skittish little things lol
Awe, they did like to buzz around my head too hehe.