• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Growing Back Flight Feathrs

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Tango had her flight feathers cut by the breeder over 6 months ago and I am concerned because she shows no sign of re-growth yet. The clipped flight feathers are holding tight. Kobe had his trimmed to match her because his flying scared her in the beginning. His have grown back weeks ago and he is once again flying. I contacted the breeder and was told it may be dietary. I am not sure this is true because I feed them the best of the best all way round.

Its hard for her because she must be getting very weak flying muscles by now, even though she flaps in the cage. Her breeder recommended Featheriffic make by Avitech. Has anyone had any experience with this
supplement?

thumbnail.jpg

Ingredients: corn meal, calcium phosphate, flaxseed meal, wheat germ oil, iron proteinate, calcium carbonate, l-lysine, choline chloride, di-methione, potassium chloride, cane molasses, di-alpha tocopheryl (vitamin E), magnesium oxide, sodium chloride, vitamin B12, vitamin C, I-asparic acid, biotin, zinc proteinate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, l-arginine, riboflavin (vitamin B2), copper sulfate, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), inositol, thiamine mononitrate (vitamin B1), d-calcium pantothenate, soy lecithin, para-aminobenzoic acid, papaya, pancreatin, pepsin, aspergillus niger, beta-carotene, niacinamide, niacin, vitamin A, acetate, vitamin D3, folic acid, menadione dimethylpyrimidinol, vitamin K, cobalt carbonate, potassium iodide, sodium selenite

I have read another post on this forum and people were pretty positive about the results. AviCalm and Featheriffic! @Dana64

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne

karen256

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
I haven't used that supplement but when I got my Kiwi he had been recently clipped and he took FOREVER to regrow all his flight feathers.... well over a year. And even then, he didn't molt in the usual pattern of a matched pair of flight feathers on each wing. He grew in at least 3 on one wing before he got any new feathers on the other (and he wasn't breaking or damaging feathers). He had me worried for awhile - at one point I even was considering clipping the more feathered wing slightly so he'd have better balance. But in the end it worked out and he's been flighted for a few years now.

Chihuahua

Rollerblading along the road
I am using featheriffic on gabby b. he now has one full wing. the other has a bunch of blood feathers coming in because he plucked a few before.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I have read of very few negative responses to featheriffic. I expect delivery today. For small birds it should be a 1/8 tsp over food. Since I have two birds and two food dishes it will be in each bowl of feed. Thanks for your input.