• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Greater Vasa Parrot Sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
Sharing Pics of Moses and Eva my two Greater Vasa Parrots! Snuck in some of my Sun Conures too!! Answering some previous questions: Are they smart? Very! Are they quiet? Very quiet - except during mating but even then not so bad. She makes a unique call, whistle like, almost like a bob-white, and he makes a whine almost like a begging dog. I will share vids of both. They are a treasure and a pleasure to raise. Moses is 6 years old male was a pet so he is semi-tame. Eve is 9 and had been a breeder so she is adapting to the domestic life. We keep them indoors as we live in Indianapolis, Indiana. We have only had them a few months but they have won the heart of my wife. We are getting two younger Greater Vasa Parrot's for Breeders as our dream is a Baby but we cannot find one so we got the next best thing coming. That was we can concentrate on Moses and Eva being our loving family and seeing how well we can all fall in love!

More soon. Thanks for listening and for sharing back.

Regards,

Bryan

Attachments

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I agee, fun birds. Petoskey loves head scritches and he loves being with people. Their call is really different Their call is more like a whistle. Your pictures are great and I love hearing àbout your two

ellie

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Elisa
You have so many beautiful babies! I've never seen a Greater Vasa Parrot before. They are stunning!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
wow..they are GORGEOUS.

Bailey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bailey
Never seen or heard of before, but they are beautiful! :D

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
A baby vasa is also my dream.
That's one of the reasons I started bothering you on youtube. Haha. :p

I'm super glad you've joined and hope you like it here. Everyone is really very kind.

I'll be glad to see more of the female vasas. They can be quite pretty and there are so few pictures of them anywhere on the internet, especially in breeding feather.
Many breeders hold the females back for breeding so there are even less than males in the pet trade.

Luckily, I'm after a boy. :p

Sir Vasalot

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Bryan Greenfarb
In the next few weeks we should get our breeders. Will post pics and share as we learn more from them.

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
From where do greater vasa originate?

Thanks for sharing photos and for educating.

Tinta

Avenue Veteran
They originate from Madagascar.

Status
Not open for further replies.