• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gr... found some paint chipping...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
On the double macaw cage!:( Its been going good for over 2 years.. and today.. on part of the cage I noticed about 1/4" of a piece of paint missing from the cage!

Its a dark forest green color.. any ideas?

Is there a green birdie safe paint I could use?

I would like the cage to atleast last another 5+years...:cool1:

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
:( I have read multiple instances of people having these kinds of dilemmas. Among them the solutions were: spray paint, a sandblasting and new powder-coating, ignoring it, buying a new cage. The spray paint hasn't worked for anyone yet (and isn't particularly bird safe), the sandblasted/powder-coating is super expensive and most people end up buying a new cage though I know a few people who have done it successfully with much trouble, ignoring it works for some but it will probably quickly rust and then it should really be replaced. I would get a new cage :( Sorry. What brand was it?

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
I think with some of the cage companies you are able to buy touch up paint for the cages. IDK what companies sell it but I am pretty sure they have it and it must be bird safe. ?? I don't know much about that though...sorry :)

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I have no idea.

shellbeme

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Shelly
I bet you can get some from the manufacturer, the last two cages I purchased both came with small bottles of touch up paint.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
If I'm not mistaken though, isn't powder-coating not actually paint but rather a powdery plastic that is melted and baked on?

Status
Not open for further replies.