• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got Gwen on her new schedual

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Well I've started Gwen and the rest of my flock on their new schedule. Last night I didn't leave the light on for them. I left it off and when it started to get dark I turned the tv off as well. Which is funny because my son came and told me "Mom you didn't leave the light on the the birds".:D
I did wait to cover them up around 10 though. But only had the light on for a minute. And then this morning I uncovered them as soon as it started to get light.
So fingers crossed this will help with her attitude problem and she'll go back to My Sweet Little Green Bird instead of My Little Green Bird who bites my neck every time I have her out.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I hope it helps thanks for sharing

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
I've heard how important the schedule can be. I'm not exact on time but sure try to be on amount of sleep (my guys go 10-12 hours). I hope this works out, let us know. That is cute your son noticed :)

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Well they had been on a schedule of 10-9 but then I was told how important it is for birds to be dusk to dawn. So I have adjusted how I do things so they can get their dusk to dawn rest. Which for me is from 7pm-8am right now. I just really hope it works. I miss my Sweet Gwen.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
We've started this also with Truely and Trinket. Somehow dusk and dawn set their hormonal clock. If they aren't exposed to it, they think they are in a perpetual state of hormonal spring.

Ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.