• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Got a Meyer/Senegal Hybrid for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

carkam

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I was given a Senegal/Meyer hybrid. He/she is just a sweetheart and about 4 months old. I have a greencheek conure and he is sooo different in personality. He is more laid back than my conure. He weighs 122 grams right now, is this a good weight? If anyone has either a meyer or a senegal is there something I should know about, so I can be a good parront to him as well as my GCC! I am also setting him up to see the vet! i just luv him already! :heart: Any advice would be great!! I will need to get pics as soon as I can!

lzver

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Laura
Congrats on your new parrot!

I'm not a fan of hybrids, but its not your fault. If I was offered one for free I'm not sure I could turn it down. The pictures usually freak me out, but can't wait to see pictures.

I have a 4 year old Senegal and he weighs 145 grams ... he needs to loose a little bit of weight... I've had to totally remove sunflowers from his diet, because he'll fill up on those instead of eating healthy stuff. 122 grams sounds about right for a 4 month old. I think Senegal's average between 110 - 130 and Meyers average around 120 grams.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congrats! I can't wait to see photos, never heard or seen one of them!

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
Congrats on that little cutie~ I have never seen a Senegal/Meyers before....
wonder where that red long tail came from? ;) I have a year old Sennie and I am head over heels in love with her :heart: She is an independent clown of a bird that enjoys being cuddled like a puppy. :) She can be loud....but mostly prefers to whistle and chatter.... I have heard that a Meyers have a more mellow personality than the Senegal so I am sure your little "mutt" will be a great bird. ....keep the pictures coming! :highfive:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Congrats on that little cutie~ I have never seen a Senegal/Meyers before....
wonder where that red long tail came from?
If referring to the tail of the bird in the post, it's a signature picture and it's the conure, not the senegal/meyer's hybrid.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wow, that would be interesting to see! Congrats on the new bird, and I can't wait to see pictures!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations!!!!

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Thanks all!! If you go online and look up senegal/meyer hybrid theres a pic of one and it looks just like mine! Not as pretty as either species, but sweet

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
CONGRATS! Would love to see a pic of your Sennie/Meyer!

Ranae, that hybrid sennie/meyer of gorgeous!

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
Natacha~ well, I thought that was a conure but I have learned NOT to question what someone says their bird is.......:rofl::rofl: especially if they are some sort of hybrid :D

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I took a couple of pics with my cell phone, so they do not do him justice. He actually has some pretty scalloping on his wings. Laura does him being a hybrid mean that he may not be healthy? or have problems? Just wondering.

Attachments

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I will need to get some pics from a good camera! My niece is not around as shes the one that takes great pics!!

carkam

Avenue Veteran
Also, I was wondering if these species like to bathe as he does not seem interested in that. My GCC loves, loves, loves to bathe!!!

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
He looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see more pictures of him.
I know Pretty my Red Belly isn't a big one on bathing. She normally just ends up using her water dish for her bath tub regardless of what I have in her cage to use. She hates being misted too.

Status
Not open for further replies.