• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goodbye Peanut

Ankou

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
My heart is shattered - Peanut has passed away. A mass growing in her abdomen caused her hip joint to break when she fell and with old age and various health issues her vet and I decided a hard recovery for not very much more life was unfair to her, I made the painful decision to end her suffering and she was humanely euthanized.
I know she wasn't going to be immortal but she was my near-constant companion for 2/3rd of my life, her passing has left me feeling lost and hollow. I thought I was more ready for the inevitable, I have never felt more alone than I do right now. At the computer ready to relax for the evening but there is no cuddle-potato, no happy play, little trills and pbbs. Just me, and I can't stop sobbing.

Thank you for the 19 years of friendship, sweet-sassy bean. You were special, kind and stubborn, I will miss you always.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Fly high with wings of glory little one.... I am so sorry for your loss and the heart break.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh no, I'm so sorry! My heart breaks for you. I know how difficult that type of decision is but we know when it's the right one. :sadhug2:

Nikomania

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I am so, so sorry. My heart aches for you. :sorrow:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
:sadhug2:

Though they are tiny, they are fiercely loving. Rest easy little Peanut, and be a good girl. The world is not the same without you.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
I'm so sorry for your loss:sorrow: My heart breaks for you. Please know you're not alone, many of us have been in similar situations having lost a beloved feathered friend. So if you feel the need to reach out please do. Peanut was a beautiful soul and will be missed

painesgrey

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rachel
Oh no, not Peanut.. I'm so sorry.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
Thank you all so much. I know most (if not all?) of you have also been through the loss of very special heart-birds. Your words do mean a lot, I don't really have anyone else to talk to until I pick up the dogs tomorrow afternoon. (My parents are kindly dog-sitting them while I dealt with Peanut's injury and the long trip to her AV.) It will be nice to have them here, the empty house is too heavy.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
I’m so sorry for your loss of Peanut :sorrow: :sadhug2:

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
My heart is shattered - Peanut has passed away. A mass growing in her abdomen caused her hip joint to break when she fell and with old age and various health issues her vet and I decided a hard recovery for not very much more life was unfair to her, I made the painful decision to end her suffering and she was humanely euthanized.
I know she wasn't going to be immortal but she was my near-constant companion for 2/3rd of my life, her passing has left me feeling lost and hollow. I thought I was more ready for the inevitable, I have never felt more alone than I do right now. At the computer ready to relax for the evening but there is no cuddle-potato, no happy play, little trills and pbbs. Just me, and I can't stop sobbing.

Thank you for the 19 years of friendship, sweet-sassy bean. You were special, kind and stubborn, I will miss you always.

I hate reading these posts. Peanut is one of the OGs on this board. I am so sorry and so heartbroken for you. It is so hard when they are gone. Fly free little Peanut.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh no, I’m so very sorry and my heart aches for you. :sadhug2: There really are no words.:sad2: Fly high little Peanut, you will be greatly missed.:sorrow:

CheckeredTail

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tsushi
Those pictures made me cry, what a sweet bird. I know that feeling and I'm so sorry for your loss, there's nothing anyone can say to make things better. Sometimes you can only wait and try to get through the hardest part of grief before you can start to heal.

I'm sure Peanut loved you so much and I hope that she's flying free somewhere out there. I hope having your dogs and some company will help, distraction is vital when the pain is that raw. Take care and know that many people love and miss her.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
There really are no words Sondra, but know that we are all thinking of you and with you in your grief. :sorrow:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I´m so sorry for your loss, you gave Peanut such a wonderful life filled with love, I hope those memories can bring you comfort and help you heal.
We are all here for you :grouphug: Sending you positive thoughts and my love

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:sorrow:

May all of our loved ones have such fitting tributes. Peanut may have been small, but her love was big and mighty and dug right into our hearts. My favorite memory of her was your posts about Peanut's hidden superpower disguise. I think about that so often because it still makes me laugh:

am pea soup - go away.
I had the split pea soup idea for Peanut and she was so dang proud of her bowl she wouldn't even lay down to nap in it like she normally does. She just stat there and looked pleased with herself, I had to come back and try again after work!
Sending you lots of love.