• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good Quality Air Purifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
In my research Austin is a really great quality one for a decent price. The absolute top of the line would be IQ Air but they are really, really pricey.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
In my research Austin is a really great quality one for a decent price. The absolute top of the line would be IQ Air but they are really, really pricey.
Yeah, I looked at those. I even found a floor model for a reduced price: $715.00. I thought about it, and then I thought that was just a bit more purification than I needed :D

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco

Yeah, I looked at those. I even found a floor model for a reduced price: $715.00. I thought about it, and then I thought that was just a bit more purification than I needed :D
That's what I decided too :rofl:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Just wanted to update this thread since I got my full sized Austin yesterday. Running on high, the larger Healthmate is a bit loud. I have mine set to medium, which is a better noise level. The full size Healthmate is definitely louder than the Jr., but boy does it ever move the air. I noticed a difference in the air quality in the adjoining rooms after just a few hours.

myakando

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carmen
Really appreciate the update and reply.... I think I'll probably end up getting an Austin. It seems the Austins are more popular than I thought. I did notice on their website that only their 'pet machine' is the only model that addresses feather dust but with the Healthmate and Healthmate Jr., it sounds as if those models as well help with 'too dust, doesn't it?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Just wanted to update this thread since I got my full sized Austin yesterday. Running on high, the larger Healthmate is a bit loud. I have mine set to medium, which is a better noise level. The full size Healthmate is definitely louder than the Jr., but boy does it ever move the air. I noticed a difference in the air quality in the adjoining rooms after just a few hours.
I was wondering, how loud is the Jr. on high? Is it too loud to sleep with on?

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy

The junior is not as loud as it does not move as much air. I use the jr in my bedroom and the 3 big ones in the rest of the house.

Peggy

PS The jr is the one I have had the longest...12 years now.

Last edited:

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy

thanks, that's what i thought but wanted to make sure

because right now i have 2 honey wells one is smaller (and is the louder of the 2) and the smaller one doesn't clean as well as the bigger one

but we're debating if we want to go with the health mate that does 1,500 sq feet, or the Jr that does i think 700 sq feet

the room isn't big that the birds are in , BUT we never know how long we're staying some where(actually in the 6 yrs I've been here this house I've lived in the longest and it'll be 2 years in Oct. if i'm still here then) and if I move and their new bird room is bigger than what I have now I don't want to have to buy a new one

but i don't think if I'd buy the one that does 1,500 Sq feet it would hurt anything with a room being smaller than that?
It would not hurt being in a smaller room in fact you can run it on lower speed for the small room and have larger capacity for a large room.

Peggy

Spinderella

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chloe
This bad boy is a "Portable Air Scrubber" with a HEPA filter designed for industrial jobs, like cleaning the air after a house fire, meth lab explosion, etc. But it works GREAT for multiple-bird-homes, or homes with real dusty birds like Toos, Greys & Tiels. It cleans the air in a 9,000 cubic foot room 6 times per hour! (That's a 9x9x9 room)

The PRED600 Mini-Predator is the world's lightest and smallest portable air scrubber, weighing in at less than 34 pounds! Its rotational molded resin cabinet is virtually indestructible, and has a limited lifetime warranty. The Mini-Predator PAS delivers an incredible peak airflow rating of 600 cfm. Perfect size and strength for few to many birds housed in one facility.

Variable airflow, 200 cfm-600 cfm

*Weight including filters: 34 lbs.
*6 ACH (Air Changes per Hour) in containments up to 6,000 cu. ft.
*They come with a 1" 'fiber trapper' prefilter, a 2" pleated filter, and a 99.97% HEPA filter.
*Carbon filters can be used in place of the 2" filter for odor removal as well.
*At 4 air changes per hour, the unit will clean up to a 9,000 cubic foot area. *With a 9-foot ceiling, that's 1000 square feet.

The 34-pound PREDATOR® model PRED600 from Abatement Technologies® is the lightest and most compact Portable Air Scrubber available today! The variable-speed PRED600 produces an impressive peak airflow rating of 200 cfm to more than 600 cfm, yet draws only 2.5 amps or less.

Ideal for smaller containment areas and use with mobile containment cubes in construction areas, the PRED600 can be easily hand-carried via the top handle, or stacked two or three high on a 2-wheel hand truck. The virtually indestructible high-density, polyethylene cabinet and a motorized impeller rated for up to 100,000 hours of use with no maintenance keep the PRED600 running smoothly and looking good, year after year.

True HEPA Filter Saves Thousand of Dollars in Filter Replacement Costs Some air scrubbers are equipped with filters that must be replaced after every job because the electrostatic charge they rely on to achieve their initial efficiency rating dissipates during use. Because the true HEPA filter in the PRED600 maintains its initial 99.97% efficiency rating job after job, month after month, users can potentially save thousands of dollars per year in replacement filter costs.

For more info, see link:
PRED600 Mini-Predator Portable Air Scrubber | HEPA Air Purifier for Birds and Parrots

Sadieladie1994

Riding the Skies
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Peggy
I've only had HEPA's and find they work real well too. I like that the HEPA lets you CLEAN the filter whenever you want to, and its easy to clean. I have no experience towards the Austin's, but I really like the HEPA :)
Austin air is hepa technology

Peggy

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree with Peggy; the Jr isn't too loud, but I do have mine set to "medium." I can sleep just fine with it on that setting. :)

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Thanks Peggy and Holiday :) My bedroom is pretty tiny so I think I will get a Jr. for it and a full size for the living room maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.