• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Good Bird Arabella

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Arabella has decided that scritches are good :laughing12: Until recently, I absolutely could not touch her with my hands. She had gotten so that she would step up on my finger, and not just a ladder, but touching was a big no no. Then Wednesday morning she came & sat on my chest & accepted a scritch...which evovled into an excellent session of neck scritches, face and beak rubbing, and she even let me stroke her little crestie!!! We have had several sessions since then...always at her discretion, but soooooo satisfying for both of us, when she allows. AND, she is now able to fly the length of my apartment WITHOUT crash landing, thanks to the new flights & tail feathers that are coming in. Here are a couple of new photos. She is actually prettier than these show. She has NO white on her at all, even though it looks that way in the photos. All non-grey feathers are yellow. Some a very pale yellow, but still yellow. And her overall appearance is of grey, orange, and yellow. Such a pretty, sweet baby. I'm so glad we found each other :heart: Big Girl Feathers.jpg Lady Arabella.jpg

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
awesome progress!:cheer:
Arabella is beautiful!:swoon:

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
Pretty pretty Arabella.. She is looking a lot better than when you first got her! :hug8:

greymatron

Real Name
Nicole
She looks very beautiful!

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Nice to read the progress ^_^

She is a cutie :swoon:

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Its amazing at how far she has come... :heart: Such a little cutie.. :)

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
I think that her flying improving has given her the confidence to be less fearful. Keep up the good work with the daily scritches, Maureen. She'll keep coming along ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.