• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goldenfeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brad
Goldenfeast Colossal Parrot has anybody used this food. I live in a town that I can only get parrot food at walmart and I do not think it is all that great. Atleast Merlin only eats the big parts and leaves all the little seeds alone. But I thought about ordering this food. It looks tasty LOL...

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Brad I am sorry I do not recall what size birds you have? I am sure it is good food for the proper sized bird. :highfive:

I ask that as that is for large parrots :

Big, bold, complete nutrition for your big and beautiful parrot! Your large bird will have a wonderful time with nuts in the shell like walnuts, almonds, and macadamias! Combine that fun with the tastes of dates, apples, chili peppers, cinnamon sticks, plus much more, and you’ve got one truly “colossal” food!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
There are a lot of different Goldenfeast blends. I have a hahns macaw and a sun conure and I buy Central American blend and Carribean Bounty. I have also bought the Schmitts Original and Gardenflora 2. I love the goldenfeast blends and so do my birds :)

Cory

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cory
I wouldn't recommend that as a complete diet, just as a small portion depending on your parrot's activity level. It isn't balanced and it doesn't contain a lot of nutrients that parrots need to remain healthy.

Are you able to get fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, seeds, and nuts locally? If so I highly recommend feeding a diet to your bird that mainly consists of these foods. It is an extremely healthy and natural diet that is full of nutrients. :)

Please read this article that I wrote on my website called "Feeding Captive Parrots": Feeding Captive Parrots - CEC Exotics Aviary. It's not complete yet, but it's a good start. I haven't added the seeds, nuts, supplements, and snacks yet but it gives good information about the rest of the above foods and how I feed them.

Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to answer them for you! :)

Dax

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brad
I have 2 macaws 1 GW and 1 Scarlet. I give them fresh fruit and vegies every day. I was just looking for a good parrot food to give them. The stuff at walmart says parrot and even has a picture of a macaw on it but I have a feel that it is for smaller parrots. They only eat the peanuts and sunflower seeds and maybe a pepper or 2. My GW is very very active. He is flying and climbing on everything he is only 8 months old. The scarlet I have had only for a day now and he is still getting use to everything. I know at the pet store they said they gave mac and cheese and something else said it was his fav but I do not think mac and cheese would be good for him and he looks a little over weight so I wanted to start him on healthy.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
The goldenfeast products are very good. Personally I would stay away from the walmart stuff. Most of the bird foods I have seen at walmart are not very good quality. Check out some of the vendors listed in the market place The Marketplace - Avian Avenue Parrot & Other Birds Message Board most of them sell different types of foods. I would also offer them a good quality pellet like Harrisons, Roudybush or Zupreem

Status
Not open for further replies.