• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Goldenfeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

DebysFids

Hit the Road
Real Name
Deby
I usually buy Madagascar Delite my birds love it , it has veggies, fruit and some nuts and it's medium sized food

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I've tried pretty much anything for Grey on down sized birds. Currently, my big guys get a mix of Central American Blend and Caribbean Bounty and Gardenflora II. We also have Tropical Fruit Blend and Patagonian Nut Blend as treats. Then the little bitties get a mix of Australian Blend and Petite Hookbill....we're Goldenfeast junkies 'round here!

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
I've gotten the Madagasgar delite, Central American Blend II and the Bean Supreme - never tried the Cockatoo formula

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
My birds are not as big as yours :) I feed them the Central American Blend or the Schmitts Original. I prefer the Central American blend

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Ive fed: Goldenfeast Treat Petite
Goldflora 2
Veggie Crisp
Asian Medley

Im going to be ordering bulk foods soon, and I saw they had a cockatoo blend, so Im curious about it...

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
i have used...
Central American Blend
GardenFlora 2
Veggie Crisp
Asian Medley
Pasta Ensalada
Fruit Pudding (2)

Havent tried fruity pudding yet, and my kids aren't crazy about the Asian medley when its cooked, but they LOVE everything else. Felix now uses his entire play stand for the Central american blend

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I know that cockatoos need more protein than my guys, but I have stopped feeding Goldenfeast to Kei because of the amounts of nuts and dry fruit (fat and sugar). Pionus are prone to obesity, gout, and liver disease though. Also, they aren't organic though it is hard to find a good organic mix. Avian Organics has some good mixes.
I currently give Kei Dr.Harvey's Colosol Cockatiel.
Best Natural Cockatiel Food - Colossal Cockatiel Food - Dr. Harvey's
But am thinking about making my own with Organic seeds that I can get in bulk and some dehydrated veggies from Avian Organics.
Cazuela - Avian Organics
Bird Bannock - Avian Organics

Gigi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Vickie
Parakeet Plus and Bean Supreme, hope to try another nice blend fairly soon! Once the other bags are used up.

Status
Not open for further replies.