• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Golden Feast Cooked foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hey everyone, where can I buy this food blend and is it good for my conure? trying to find a good diet for him, he didnt come with much food and I feel overwhelmed by whats online. This stuff sounds good though. He LOVES pears and apples. but mostly pears. I live in Michigan.
ParrotWorld carries GoldenFeast.:)

Goldenfeast Bird and Parrot Foods

Robin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Robin
Mine like the Caribbean bounty, haven't tried too many of them. I'll have to try the Madagascar.
I know TLA has a good selection of it.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine

The Laughing Parrot

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Carol
I do occasionally offer Goldenfeast mixes although my birds aren't really crazy about them. They don't care at all for the cooked varieties. I sometimes sprinkle a little of the non-cook types on top of their afternoon veggie mix.
I'd like to mention that I've always been a little concerned about the note on the back of every package that reads "No artificial flavors or colors added by Goldenfeast". To me that says that although they aren't adding them to the product themselves they are NOT saying the individual ingredients (like dried fruits etc) do not already include artificial colors or flavors BEFORE Goldenfeast adds them to their final mix.

My own flock much prefers the Crazy Corn brand of cooked diets. Their favorite is the Kung Fu Yum.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
most definitley easy to prepare and a tails up here.
We love
Garden Flora
Veggie Crisp (treat)
Central American Blend
Pasta Ensalada
Asian Medley (they like this one better dry lately)
and we have a tropical fruity pudding (i think) that we still haven't tried soon tho... maybe this weekend even
My kids love most cooked yums tho, birdie bread, homemade grains and noodles, beak appeitete, featherglow (cooked varieties) and most of all fresh veggies so i got it easy

Status
Not open for further replies.