• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Golden Feast Cooked foods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've never tried their products before but it all looks kind of tantalizing. Now that Rosie toys is carrying them, I'd like to know if any of you guys feed this to your parrots and how do you find it.:huh:

I'm interested in the Madagascar Blend and GardenFlora Blend for now but would like to know of any other suggestions you all may have. :)

Moulée, graines, germination

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I love the goldenfeast blends. I have used the gardenflora both cooked and uncooked. Jasper loves it, Tango is a picky little bugger

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I swear by Goldenfeast! :)

My guys don't really like any of them cooked, but they all eat Central American Blend, Caribbean Bounty, and Goldenflora II. The budgies are on Australian Blend and Petite Hookbill Legume.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks guys. Might give it a try just for variety!!:dance5:

birdergirl

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rhonda
Keiki is ga-ga for Bean Supreme! If she had two tails they'd both be up! :laughing12:

Just picked up a dried fruit and nut blend today, but I don't see that being as big a hit. It depends on what your birds like- she's not big on dried fruits. (Maybe a little soak in organic apple juice?)

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
We have used the Central American Blend and the Bean Supreme mixes. I try to skip any of them with sunflower seeds or peanuts

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Mine love Goldenfeast- Caribbean Bounty and Madagascar Delight being their favorites also the fruit and nut types except Tropical fruit pudding they hated (they don't like coconut)
Gardenflora, I just recently tried but I think the Gardenflora 2 would have been better received in my house :dance4:
They also like the Goldenfeast whole bee pollen

Last edited:

Gigi

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Vickie
I also swear by Goldenfeast. I tried making my own mixes and they were awful; the Goldenfeast blends are human grade. I was munching on one of the dried fruit pieces in one of the bags earlier, it was good. :)

Because I have smaller birds I am using Bean Supreme, Petite Hookbill, Australian Blend, etc. I have Asian Medley right now and while most of it is fine it has some larger pieces I know my birds won't eat.

They are really good though, and contain legumes and grains and vegetables and fruit.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it easy to prepare?:hehe:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Is it easy to prepare?:hehe:
Most can be served cooked or dry- I just simmer and serve, or just give it dry-depends on if I want to go near the stove bwahahaha! :D

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't believe I asked that question.:hehe: After I posted it.. I thought... If Koko's Mom can prepare it..... I can DEFINITELY prepare it.:rofl::hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I can't believe I asked that question.:hehe: After I posted it.. I thought... If Koko's Mom can prepare it..... I can DEFINITELY prepare it.:rofl::hug8:
:hehe::hehe::hehe:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I just tried Hookbill Legume Blend (serve dry or soaked) and they're eating it like crazy right now :eek: (dry)
I'll try soaked later on :dance4:

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
I got some Goldenfeast tropical fruit pudding blend for KerBear. She doesn't like it. A friend gave me some blend that had cinnamon sticks, noodles, banana chips, and she didn't remember what it was called. I wanted to get some of that for KerBear, does anyone recognize that blend? Is it Goldenfeast??

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I got some Goldenfeast tropical fruit pudding blend for KerBear. She doesn't like it. A friend gave me some blend that had cinnamon sticks, noodles, banana chips, and she didn't remember what it was called. I wanted to get some of that for KerBear, does anyone recognize that blend? Is it Goldenfeast??
mine don't like the tropical pudding one either. I'll check the ingredients on whatever I have--I think the Madagascar blend has cinnamon sticks.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Archie and Ella LOVE the Central American blend, they also like the Asian Medley

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Madagascar Delite has whole cinnamon, brazil nuts, cranberries etc.

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
So far, I've only fed Gardenflora II blend. I really LOVE that stuff! I have fed their Tropical Pudding mixture in birdie bread mixes because it looked so tasty, and I've fed plenty of their dehydrated veggies & fruits, but I have yet to try any of their other mixes.

Big.Green.Chicken

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Anna
Madagascar Delite has whole cinnamon, brazil nuts, cranberries etc.

Sherice

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
sherice
Hey everyone, where can I buy this food blend and is it good for my conure? trying to find a good diet for him, he didnt come with much food and I feel overwhelmed by whats online. This stuff sounds good though. He LOVES pears and apples. but mostly pears. I live in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.