• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting "Parrot Fever" What's your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Get the cape ...get the cape!!! Quieter, and sweet!!! People like Goldens because they are so pretty..I do too, but wow they are loud! Something to think about. Plus, with a baby, better chance to bond.
I agree completely. Capes are much quieter and also have an awesome personality, especially the females. They also have a great propensity for speaking if that is an area of interest. Whichever you decide to get if you get a bird, it will be an awesome companion no question. :cool10:

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
whichever you choose, they both look wonderful. You are no beginner at birds so you will certainly make an informed decision. Perhaps let hubby choose?

Bunkybird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Trish
I absolutely adore Capes~~ That Golden is gorgeous, but I just have to say that those little "cape voices" just steal my heart~~good luck with your decision.... :highfive:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I agree completely. Capes are much quieter and also have an awesome personality, especially the females. They also have a great propensity for speaking if that is an area of interest. Whichever you decide to get if you get a bird, it will be an awesome companion no question. :cool10:
Wow! Titanis you know so much about almost every species of parrot mentioned on here!! How did you come to be so knowledgeable?:) Your parrots must have an amazing time with you.:D

TITANIS

Biking along the boulevard
Wow! Titanis you know so much about almost every species of parrot mentioned on here!! How did you come to be so knowledgeable?:)
I never knew that two or three lines of text could receive such a positive reaction. I honestly don't see what I'm so 'knowledgeable' about people keep on mentioning all the time. There are many members here just as knowledgeable and some with greater knowledge yet they rarely receive such laudable acclaims. :confused:

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Usually very rare and very expensive birds. Examples are Golden Conures, Hyacinth Macaws, any of the Black Cockatoos, Black Palm Cockatoos, Gang Gang Cockatoos, unusual color mutations like the Blue yellow Naped or Red Factor African Greys.
I'm sure there are others, but these are off the top of my head.
People with tons of money will collect these birds as status symbols, only to let them sit in cages so their friends can "Ooooooh" and "Aaaaaaaah" over them. Poor things ususally live miserable lives too.
Oh shucks. I thought maybe my birds might qualify as trophies! I sure love showing them off to you all.

I never knew that two or three lines of text could receive such a positive reaction. I honestly don't see what I'm so 'knowledgeable' about people keep on mentioning all the time. There are many members here just as knowledgeable and some with greater knowledge yet they rarely receive such laudable acclaims. :confused:
Perhaps it has something to do with your very wise looking avatar, and your desire to consume all knowledge....and your mysterious persona?

Last edited:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Not sure. :chin:I always find "added value" in your posts. Of course I find added value in practically everyone's posts on here ..especially the ones that make me smile.. but yours have a little something extra something else.:)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Not sure. :chin:I always find "added value" in your posts. Of course I find added value in practically everyone's posts on here ..especially the ones that make me smile.. but yours have a little something extra something else.:)
:)

lsware

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Linda
Not familiar with either species, but have heard the Cape parrot is quieter also. Whatever you decide will be wonderful, any way you could get them both? Best of luck whatever you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.