• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Getting Noah (male ringneck dove) some friends!! but I have some questions

dovemom

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Haley
We are officially getting more doves! three of them, two females and one male.
However, they are all albino and none of them have leg bands. to make sure I don't confuse any of them up, I'm ordering leg bands for them. But what size/material is best? I don't want anything to hurt my babies, I don't want to accidentally order bands that are too small or made of a material that could hurt them.
Also, I need name ideas!! One of the females I have already decided on the name Pearl, and she's the one who will be paired with Noah. But I don't know what to name the other two!
also, final question, do they prefer millet or mustard seeds? I'm going to be growing my own seed this summer, to give to them as fresh treats. my budgies seem to prefer mustard plants and seeds over spray millet.
Also, there were requests for pics of Noah, so here ya go! Here's my sweet boy :)

IMG-2158.jpg IMG-2135.jpg IMG-1954.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Awww Noah's gorgeous!! Looks like my Pepsi. :heart: Congrats on your new birds! I don't know about bands; can't tell you much there. My doves love millet but I've never tried mustard seed so don't know which they'd prefer.