• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

getting a blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbsmomto1

Strolling the yard
Probably by the end of the month, he won't be fully weaned but I am quite familiar with handfeeding birds. His breeder has taken a bad turn health wise and has just to many babies to keep up with.

We have a ysgcc currently that is still being fed 1x a day for now. We have had kitty only for about 2 weeks, wasn't planning on adding another bird let alone a Q for quite some time, but she really needs help.

I have some q's about q's lol...what sized toys do they need? they are comparable to a tiel but just stalkier right? I would guess their beaks are much stronger than a tiel, so they would need toys suited for a small zon? or stick with tiel?

Is it possible that the ysgcc and the q cold become friends and actually have playtime together? Both are young, but gcc are much more agressive correct? Also as far as cage size for the q, what is the smallest? Would a 2.5 x 3 be an ok size?

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
It depends on the birds because both species are known to not get along with others.

I have a hahns and quaker, and both are known to be bullies, but slowly they are starting to get along. I would never cage them together, and always supervise their time together.

Quakers can use toys tiel sized, conure sized, amazon sized etc.
You want to look for strong well made toys, but also toys they CAN take apart, because they like to.

I make almost all of my toys.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Probably by the end of the month, he won't be fully weaned but I am quite familiar with handfeeding birds. His breeder has taken a bad turn health wise and has just to many babies to keep up with.

We have a ysgcc currently that is still being fed 1x a day for now. We have had kitty only for about 2 weeks, wasn't planning on adding another bird let alone a Q for quite some time, but she really needs help.

I have some q's about q's lol...what sized toys do they need? they are comparable to a tiel but just stalkier right? I would guess their beaks are much stronger than a tiel, so they would need toys suited for a small zon? or stick with tiel?

Small Medium bird toys work best for quakers. Especially SHREDDABLE GRASSY toys!

Is it possible that the ysgcc and the q cold become friends and actually have playtime together? Both are young, but gcc are much more agressive correct? Also as far as cage size for the q, what is the smallest? Would a 2.5 x 3 be an ok size?

As long as the cage is 30" long and 20" wide and 30" tall, I would say that size or bigger would be much recommended.

I would personally say QUAKERS are much more prone to aggression than GCC. I know GCC and other conures can be cage territorial, but youve never met a very territorial quaker...
(I replied above in read :)

Status
Not open for further replies.