• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gerber Baby Puffs

Beebleburb

Strolling the yard
1666967789548.png 1666968081193.png Saw these in clearance while shopping the other day and grabbed them for my birdies- they looked like they might be a good treat. Mostly rice, wheat, and oat flour, some fruits, and not too much sugar. I tried them myself the taste is not bad. The birds are absolutley MAD for them! Theyve only had a few and they are already recognizing the container. My guys aren't very treat motivated so it's really suprising to me but my GCC will even recall with these, only other thing he will ever recall for is sunflower seeds. I think they think it's 'people snack' and not 'bird snack' becuase of the packaging lol, which makes it that much more enticing. They also have a fun little shape that makes it easy for them to hold.
Anyone else tried these or have any thoughts on the ingredients? I read once that some birds have a harder time digesting raw sugar and that is my only concern because I'm not sure if cane sugar would classify as 'raw'. They only get the treat in extreme moderation anyways, mabey two or three puffs a day so Im not too worried but It was a thought.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I think they should be fine as and occasional treat. They’re pretty sweet so I’m not shocked the birds like them :roflmao:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
We've shared them with our birds. Hubby passes one out to every bird and dog whenever he's having some. :swoon: