• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gender Guesses

KParris07

Moving in
Real Name
Kisha
Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum.

I was finally able to bring my tiel home June 24, 2021 after he healed from a night terror at the store. I was told once his tail feathers grew back that it is a female. I am posting a link of pictures through the months. I'm guessing it's about 7 months maybe. It's name is currently Chica but I don't really like the name. It was Bruno until they told me they thought it was female. Chica is very vocal, wolf whistles, says pretty bird and mimics the tongue tapping noise (don't know what to call it). When I say come here or come back when she wonders, she returns. Can you take a look at the pictures and tell what you think? Thanks in advance.

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I don't know about tiel Gender determination, but you have a very cute bird there! Welcome to the forum!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue! 1.welcome signs.gif

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a cute little guy you’ve got there!:heart:

KParris07

Moving in
Real Name
Kisha
Thank you for such a warm welcome. I've visited this forum many times before joining. I've read a lot of great information, and seen some really cute pictures. Seems like a great place. I also have a budgie (Turk), my youngest has a parrotlet (Sky), my oldest has a cinnamon tiel (Charlie) and my mom has a pearl tiel (Stoney). Guess you can say we love birds. 20210908_094139.jpg 20210606_193327.jpg 20211011_132420.jpg

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Turk is one gorgeous budgie! :xflove:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum!

kade

Moving in
Real Name
Kaden
all of your birds are beautiful!! your newest addition sounds like a male to me, as females rarely whistle. it also looks like his face is turning yellow and his tail feathers have lost their barring, which further indicates that he’s probably a boy.

KParris07

Moving in
Real Name
Kisha
all of your birds are beautiful!! your newest addition sounds like a male to me, as females rarely whistle. it also looks like his face is turning yellow and his tail feathers have lost their barring, which further indicates that he’s probably a boy.
Thank you for your response. I was starting to believe it is a male as well. Perhaps I'll just call him Bruno anyways regardless of gender. Hopefully he'll take to it after being called Chica for several months.