• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Gender finding

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hello Moha, Welcome to the Avenue! 1.welcome signs.gif

I don´t know the answer to your question, but I have moved your thread here into the Cockatiel corner forum for better visibility amongst the cockatiel community ;)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It's too early to say yet. It looks like the bird is a normal grey? Can you post a picture of him from the back? All juvenile normal greys start out with female coloring. As they start to molt, the male will molt out the grey face feathers into yellow. It looks to me like the tiel may be a "he" starting to get his yellow face? If he's a pied though, that might not be the case which is why I was asking for a picture of him from the back.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomegroup:

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian

Moha

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Moha
It's too early to say yet. It looks like the bird is a normal grey? Can you post a picture of him from the back? All juvenile normal greys start out with female coloring. As they start to molt, the male will molt out the grey face feathers into yellow. It looks to me like the tiel may be a "he" starting to get his yellow face? If he's a pied though, that might not be the case which is why I was asking for a picture of him from the back.
Ok i will show you some pictures from the back

Attachments

cocotiel

Meeting neighbors
While we’re at it, my white faced cockatiel which I assume is a female started molting for the first time ever and has started showing white colored feathers under its beak. It was a complete grey color before. Any guesses about its gender please? Here’s a picture!

Attachments

Moha

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Moha
While we’re at it, my white faced cockatiel which I assume is a female started molting for the first time ever and has started showing white colored feathers under its beak. It was a complete grey color before. Any guesses about its gender please? Here’s a picture!
Yes mine i can see the yellow under the peak and above eyes.. but nothing about behaviors yet

cocotiel

Meeting neighbors
I’m so excited to know for sure once Coco completes her molt. I can’t wait:excited3:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Ok i will show you some pictures from the back
I am leaning towards normal grey. And if so, a male will molt out the grey face feathers to yellow. As for the other bird- it's similar. A female's face will stay grey. A male will molt out into a white face.

WinniePooh

Walking the driveway
Real Name
None of your business :)
My cockatiel is only just 7 months old and is molting, his face has turned white and he is losing his 'Female' feather (Barring under tail and spots on wings). He does heart wings, and beak bashing. He also says 'whatcha doin' and i caught him saying peekaboo a few days ago. How does your cockatiel act?