• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent GCC had some Coffee!

Citrine

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Becks
My Green Cheek snuck a tiny bit of coffee when I wasn't looking!
It my my foolish thought that put her water too close to my cup of coffee, but I turned just in time to see her pop her beak into the cup and grab the tiniest mlep of it.

It didn't look like she got a beakful, but enough to tell she definitely tasted it.
It was "International Delight Caramel Macchiato iced coffee", so a good bit of sugar and milk and caffeine.

I've called my avian vet, but they're busy and could only leave a message and will call me back "soon", so I've come here to see if there's anything else I can do in the meantime.
I've offered her food and water, but any other advice would be helpful!

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
Your bird will be fine after that tiny sip, but if they enjoyed the flavour you may have to be more protective of your beverage in the future if they actively seek it out :)

Citrine

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Becks
Your bird will be fine after that tiny sip, but if they enjoyed the flavour you may have to be more protective of your beverage in the future if they actively seek it out :)
Good good good!
She's such a small little thing I was worried even the tiniest bit of coffee might be a lot for her!
But she's acting normally and eating, drinking, and pooping well lol

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
My Quaker has had more stolen sips of coffee than I care to admit :lol: Obviously it isn't ideal but I wouldn't be terribly worried unless they have a preexisting heart condition! :)

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
no worries!