• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Fuzzy Pets

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
So I got suckered into the first girl by one of my rat adopters. She posted for one of her friends that is closing her rabbitry…I liked a pic, she shared videos, & now here we are 4 rabbits later.…this is what happens when you stay in contact with your past buyers o_O :rofl:

Lucy the start of the crazy. I drove a 6 hr round trip after being suckered into it with cute photos & videos….never mind the hundreds of local options if I wanted one:arghh::rolleyes: I named her after my first pet which was a champagne rat I called Lucy. Her color reminded me of her. This first photo was the start of all the problems.

Then, came Grace. Named after the fact that in the baby videos she kept falling into the cracks of the couch. Also, balls showed up & she is actually a boy. Kept the name Grace though!

I foolishly joined a local rabbit group & the white eared baby popped up. I could not resist I love the black with the white ears. Named Dino after a dog he reminds me of with similar markings.

The girl that had Dino had trouble placing the rest of the litter. She ended up posting them for free. Someone called her a scammer. I disagreed & told them I’d have no problem getting another from her. After about a minute a message popped up asking me if I wanted the blue eyed one that was the second one out of the litter that I liked. So this will teach me to defend people since I end up with another rabbit 2 hrs later. Sam was supposed to be a boy but is actually a girl. Mother said I should name her scammy & ended up at Sam….I was also watching a lot of Stargate at the time…

Lucy already had her spay & the other 3 are scheduled to be done. Dino keeps peeing on everything so he has been moved up into first place as the next one to be done instead of Grace!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow! That's a lot of buns. They're lovely. :awww:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They are all as adorable as the last! So beautiful!!! :swoon: :faint:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness! They are all beyond precious but may I say that Sam is so stunning and unique! I've seen a lot of bunnies in my time but never a blue eyed one before. :heart:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
So these 4 are all fixed! Sam, Dino & Lucy have been bonded for awhile & Grace has started the process to bond with the group. It’s been going well! He’s been left in with them for about 8 -12 hrs without issues. Today we’ll be trying for 24hrs & see how they do. They’ve been out all day without issue.

The bonded 3 together.

Sam the morning after I picked her up from her spay. The vet said she was a gangster bunny since she popped right up & started eating like nothing happened:lol:

Graces neuter didn’t go great. I had a different vet do his surgery that was recommended by someone we know for a cheaper neuter option. Let’s just say the vet was crap & she’s never touching another of my animals…and I’m never following that girls recommendations again :arghh: This is him about 2 weeks after when he was finally perking up and healing well. He was in isolation & a setup easy to keep sanitized.

Titan believes all the rabbits are his children & he has to monitor to make sure I’m not killing them during grooming timeo_O

Also, I lost my mind and added 2 angoras. I wanted an English angora as my last rabbit added to the herd. But somehow ended up with 2….

Jack the first addition.

Shadow the second addition. I contacted about this one first but was told someone had a Hold already. Apparently they didn’t show up on pickup day & the breeder contacted me. I had a lot of trouble between choosing if I wanted solid blue or broken pattern one. So of course here we are lol

I am 100% in love with the angoras. They are so easy going & fluffy. And it’s hilarious to watch the wave of fur running around the house. So far I’m keeping them in full fur & not shaving anything off. Jack is in the middle of blowing out his baby coat & I’m drowning in wool haha. I did buy a blower which makes it 10 times easier to keep up!

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So these 4 are all fixed! Sam, Dino & Lucy have been bonded for awhile & Grace has started the process to bond with the group. It’s been going well! He’s been left in with them for about 8 -12 hrs without issues. Today we’ll be trying for 24hrs & see how they do. They’ve been out all day without issue.

The bonded 3 together.

Sam the morning after I picked her up from her spay. The vet said she was a gangster bunny since she popped right up & started eating like nothing happened:lol:

Graces neuter didn’t go great. I had a different vet do his surgery that was recommended by someone we know for a cheaper neuter option. Let’s just say the vet was crap & she’s never touching another of my animals…and I’m never following that girls recommendations again :arghh: This is him about 2 weeks after when he was finally perking up and healing well. He was in isolation & a setup easy to keep sanitized.

Titan believes all the rabbits are his children & he has to monitor to make sure I’m not killing them during grooming timeo_O

Also, I lost my mind and added 2 angoras. I wanted an English angora as my last rabbit added to the herd. But somehow ended up with 2….

Jack the first addition.

Shadow the second addition. I contacted about this one first but was told someone had a Hold already. Apparently they didn’t show up on pickup day & the breeder contacted me. I had a lot of trouble between choosing if I wanted solid blue or broken pattern one. So of course here we are lol

I am 100% in love with the angoras. They are so easy going & fluffy. And it’s hilarious to watch the wave of fur running around the house. So far I’m keeping them in full fur & not shaving anything off. Jack is in the middle of blowing out his baby coat & I’m drowning in wool haha. I did buy a blower which makes it 10 times easier to keep up!
I can't handle all the cuteness! :heart:

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh my word!

I can't fathom..... I had ONE grandbunny.

I'm missing buttons from a TV remote and one of my Christmas light strands quit working..... want to guess why?

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Oh my word!

I can't fathom..... I had ONE grandbunny.

I'm missing buttons from a TV remote and one of my Christmas light strands quit working..... want to guess why?
Theres missing buttons on one remote and the corner of a few books got chewed when Grace escaped his pen the one day:rofl:

They love destroying the rugs & boxes but I put vinyl down to protect the house carpet the pen is over then gave them their own rugs to destroy on top of it. I also do the dog puzzle toys for their pellets & treats so they have something to figure out. I buy apple & pear sticks too & they seem to love those haha

I bought vine mats & fleece to do snuffle matts & balls but haven’t gotten around to it yet!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They're all lovely! Sorry to hear about the botched neuter. That'd be stressful. I can't believe you're caring for 6 buns!?! I find two a lot of work. Titan looks cute. I think he's watching over those buns for sure.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Theres missing buttons on one remote and the corner of a few books got chewed when Grace escaped his pen the one day:rofl:

They love destroying the rugs & boxes but I put vinyl down to protect the house carpet the pen is over then gave them their own rugs to destroy on top of it. I also do the dog puzzle toys for their pellets & treats so they have something to figure out. I buy apple & pear sticks too & they seem to love those haha

I bought vine mats & fleece to do snuffle matts & balls but haven’t gotten around to it yet!
There's a place that does bunny houses out of cardboard.....

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
We need a photo of your face to see if “Sucker” is on your forehead. :laugh: I used to raise all of those breeds years ago. The first doe Lucy looks like a Jersey Woolley or cross jersey / english. Great personalities in the jerseys and english, lop ears can be a tad temperamental… non neutered males have a tendency to spray urine ( yes… I’ve worn pee a few times). Back then you would see me outside frequently grooming an english. Dutch rabbits have great temperaments, Rex rabbits not so much but such a pleasure to touch. Watch for skin mites on those long haired bunnies. Lots of brushing and blow those coats out. Great that you spayed and neutered… saves on future health issues. You are one fun person!!!!!

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
We need a photo of your face to see if “Sucker” is on your forehead. :laugh: I used to raise all of those breeds years ago. The first doe Lucy looks like a Jersey Woolley or cross jersey / english. Great personalities in the jerseys and english, lop ears can be a tad temperamental… non neutered males have a tendency to spray urine ( yes… I’ve worn pee a few times). Back then you would see me outside frequently grooming an english. Dutch rabbits have great temperaments, Rex rabbits not so much but such a pleasure to touch. Watch for skin mites on those long haired bunnies. Lots of brushing and blow those coats out. Great that you spayed and neutered… saves on future health issues. You are one fun person!!!!!
Shelby took a picture when I picked her up at her place ahaha. She said it was pay back for the crap I gave her about the 6 hr drive for the rat haha

Lucy is a Lionhead. She’s got the attitude they are known for too :lol:
The 3 lops are mini/holland crosses. Sam is super sweet & loves attention & Grace is too. Dino is in between, he’s sweet but doesn’t want to deal for too long. Grace never sprayed but Dino was a giant mess haha.

The angoras I mostly blow out because the brushing damages the hairs. Shadows fur was way over brushed by the breeder. Her hair was pretty thin & whispy when I picked her up. It’s been coming in really nice lately! For all the brushing done up top she had a bunch of matting in her armpits:jawdrop1: I think she is just starting with the angoras though so not overly surprising. I know she didn’t have a blower so brushing was better than nothing. The first time I used the blower on Shadow it was a cloud of dander haha

We seem to have a delivery every time I go outside to groom the angoras. I’m always like hello yes this IS a rabbit… hard to tell I know but under the fur I promise there’s a creature & totally normal thing to find on your stop haha

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Shelby took a picture when I picked her up at her place ahaha. She said it was pay back for the crap I gave her about the 6 hr drive for the rat haha

Lucy is a Lionhead. She’s got the attitude they are known for too :lol:
The 3 lops are mini/holland crosses. Sam is super sweet & loves attention & Grace is too. Dino is in between, he’s sweet but doesn’t want to deal for too long. Grace never sprayed but Dino was a giant mess haha.

The angoras I mostly blow out because the brushing damages the hairs. Shadows fur was way over brushed by the breeder. Her hair was pretty thin & whispy when I picked her up. It’s been coming in really nice lately! For all the brushing done up top she had a bunch of matting in her armpits:jawdrop1: I think she is just starting with the angoras though so not overly surprising. I know she didn’t have a blower so brushing was better than nothing. The first time I used the blower on Shadow it was a cloud of dander haha

We seem to have a delivery every time I go outside to groom the angoras. I’m always like hello yes this IS a rabbit… hard to tell I know but under the fur I promise there’s a creature & totally normal thing to find on your stop haha
there wasn’t a breed known as a lion head back in the early 90s that I knew of. I’m not sure if they re-named the jersey wooley or if the jersey and english cross became it’s own. I haven’t done any reading on them. Like poodles and other dense coated animals the hair that sheds can stay within the fur and mat or invite those pesky skin mites to take up residence. A small cat slicker brush is soft enough to avoid breaking too much hair as long as you brush beginning on the end of length instead of from the top of the spine down. I still use this technique on my yorkies to avoid breaking strands. I am well familiar with that cloud of dust and can still remember what it smells like. My standard poodle had that immense powder blow off even after a complete brush out, bath and blow out… like talcum powder. He was a dust magnet! Arm pits yes! To this day I would rather trim toenails on 25 rabbitsthan do one wiggly non- cooperative dog. My 10 yr old female has decided it’s a good idea to roll over on her back when I’m trying to trim and grind her toe nails. When I’m done I don’t have one little nerve left and my back is killing me ( with a grooming table!). My English angoras were “Marilyn Bunroe, Scarlett’ O’Hara, Chelsea, Ebony, Bentley… and a couple others I can’t remember names of.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I think lionheads came into popularity in the late 90s. Jerseys are still their own thing. Lionheads are from crossing Netherlands dwarfs & Swiss. They have a specific mutation that popped up in the cross causing the wooly like mane around their head and butt that’s not related to regular wool types. Lucy is a double mane so she has 2 genes for it. Which doesn’t mean much since you can only tell as babies haha

All the English angora groups follow the same rule of not using a brush & only a metal comb if you must. So I’ve been following that closely & it’s working very well. There ain’t no way I’m getting any kind of regular brush down to the skin anyway that wool is too dense on Jack at least. I have the hair buster comb for rabbits that I love. It works for both the long & short hair guys. Plucking was recommended to get the loose hairs out when shedding out and I’ve created at least 2 new rabbits from Jack in the last week & he’s still a cloud of fur running around haha. My originally plan was to shave them so I wouldn’t have to deal but they are just too cute long.

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
Okay guys! Let’s just admit I have problems & then say hi to the group:rofl:

So I lost Grace to colon & teeth issues but he did have an accidental litter with my mothers girl right before he had balls chopped. So I have his daughter Penny. She looks a lot like dad but isn‘t a Charlie(double broken gene bunny) like he was & doesn't have his problems. This is her!

Then, we have this Agouti Angora girl, Ziva . She was an exbreeder let’s just say I’d never buy from her breeder again. This girl was wool blocked, mites, completely matted (had to shave her completely), crusty scabbed nipples & long butt nails. Got her in for a spay just in time since she had a large mass growing on her reproductive organs. She’s big & fuzzy & healthy these days. She honestly got lucky that I got her when I did. She only tolerates me out of everyone so I think she knows it:roflmao:

these are older photos of Ziva right after growing back her first coat. She gets so thick & long now compared to these photos!

Leo - Fuzzy little minirex boy!

Cole from a friends litter. He loved this guy but didn’t have any Real space for him with his retired breeder pair & new pair.

Piper - the little demon eyed bunny girl.

and last Robin. She’s a beautiful French Lop girl. So gorgeous in person. I wasn’t going to add anymore but she’s just so pretty. A holdback that the breeder didn’t need for a project anymore.

random group shots!

The group is together but going thru litter box training now for the newest girl since she had no idea what to do & was just covering everything in pee. Shes figuring it out though & group will have full run of the bigger pen again soon! The older ones are not impressed with being regulated to a smaller space again while she learns:lol:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Okay guys! Let’s just admit I have problems & then say hi to the group:rofl:

So I lost Grace to colon & teeth issues but he did have an accidental litter with my mothers girl right before he had balls chopped. So I have his daughter Penny. She looks a lot like dad but isn‘t a Charlie(double broken gene bunny) like he was & doesn't have his problems. This is her!

Then, we have this Agouti Angora girl, Ziva . She was an exbreeder let’s just say I’d never buy from her breeder again. This girl was wool blocked, mites, completely matted (had to shave her completely), crusty scabbed nipples & long butt nails. Got her in for a spay just in time since she had a large mass growing on her reproductive organs. She’s big & fuzzy & healthy these days. She honestly got lucky that I got her when I did. She only tolerates me out of everyone so I think she knows it:roflmao:

these are older photos of Ziva right after growing back her first coat. She gets so thick & long now compared to these photos!

Leo - Fuzzy little minirex boy!

Cole from a friends litter. He loved this guy but didn’t have any Real space for him with his retired breeder pair & new pair.

Piper - the little demon eyed bunny girl.

and last Robin. She’s a beautiful French Lop girl. So gorgeous in person. I wasn’t going to add anymore but she’s just so pretty. A holdback that the breeder didn’t need for a project anymore.

random group shots!

The group is together but going thru litter box training now for the newest girl since she had no idea what to do & was just covering everything in pee. Shes figuring it out though & group will have full run of the bigger pen again soon! The older ones are not impressed with being regulated to a smaller space again while she learns:lol:
I'm just gonna come live with you, you have all the fun stuff!

Sarahmoluccan

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
They are all so cute!! I love all the toys, the dino hide cracks me up. :D:heart: