• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Full Spectrum Lighting: Buy a whole new lamp or just the bulb?

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
I've been doing a ton of research on the benefits of full-spectrum lighting, and even though my tiels' current pellet do contain vitamin D, I think it would be beneficial to also get them a FeatherBrite bulb.

This may be something of a dumb question, but I am not an electrician or even remotely handy with this sort of thing, and I'd rather be safe than sorry and just ask my silly question:

Do I have to buy a new lamp that works with specifically a full-spectrum bulb? Or could I just buy the bulb and put in a lamp I currently have?

I currently have a lamp that you can bend and swivel and point in whatever direction needed, so I would LOVE to use this lamp. It says that the max watt for a type A bulb is 60, and the max watt for a type SBCFL is 13. But I am not sure if a full-spectrum bulb would fit either of these watts.

As always, I appreciate your experienced advice!

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Call Featherbrite 215-497-8876(between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. EST) explain your concerns and see what they recommend