• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Friends finally?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Something happened tonight. I'm not going to jump to any conclusions but I think Chloe (RFM) & Bailey (B&G) are starting to have a thing...Chloe has been becoming less shy & approaching Bailey. They will both do some funny moves & hold each others beaks & shake. It isn't aggressive at all. They look like they're having fun, actually. Tonight while perched on the back of the couch, Chloe waddles over to Bailey, tosses her head at him sideways & demand "step up!" They're both still babies, so I don't think it is anything that has to do with mating but it sure beats their previous squawks & annoyed beaking of each other. Hmm.

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hmm, you may end up with a love match as they get older :) How big is your B&G, btw?

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Sorry I forgot to narrate ALL of both the birds' interactions! haha I was making this post in the middle of watching a movie last night. I have to try to get a video.

I always thought Chloe would be skittish of Bailey & that Bailey would bully Chloe but as they both mature, they are proving otherwise. This is so much fun to observe! :dance5:Crumbcakes! I should have been a zoologist! Stupid mathematics.....:confused:

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
P.S. I will TRY to remember to weigh BaileyBlue tonight!

M

M.C Bird Rescue

So..you introduced your Macaws...how does that actually work? I am always curious to know how to introduce as I have a bunch of bird haters! I would be like FREAKED!

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
So..you introduced your Macaws...how does that actually work? I am always curious to know how to introduce as I have a bunch of bird haters! I would be like FREAKED!
Luck...:confused:

:hehe: Just kiddin!

Since Chloe was a baby (always flighted), I have always tried having her on the same perch/stand as Bailey while they're out. Bailey is a very gentle soul, so I trust him entirely with all of my fids minus the conure.

It is just something you have to try, if the birds' beaks are of similar sizes. If they get into a spat normally one will fly off or if it is clipped, it'll hop away.

Status
Not open for further replies.