• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For those that know about Harry the YCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
He will be coming to live with me soon.

His owners are giving up their condo and will no longer have a place for him in their lives.

Starting to save for a bigger more pet friendly place, I hope all of this can fall into place with little trouble.

Wish us all luck!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I dont know about him,but congratz. What is his story?

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck haley and congratulations on Harry.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Oh my Gosh Haley, I am so happy for you and Noodle. Harry deserves to be with you, he's going to be such a well loved bird from now on.

Ginger

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
awww, congrats! I bet you can't wait!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
YAY! You've been trying to get him for so long. I'm glad you will finally be giving him a good home. :)

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures when you bring him home :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that is fantastic news..congratulations!!!

Eliza

Jogging around the block
I remember you posting about Harry in the past -- you must be excited!

Is this a permanent arrangement or a long-term foster? Either way, I know that Harry will be in good hands with you :)

Best of luck and looking forward to lots of stories...

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Best of luck!

Matt

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
Woohoo!!! Happy for you and Harry!

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley
Thanks! I am happy and excited and scared out of my mind all at once!

I am worried about my friend and his mom, they have a back up plan but I know what it is like to have to lose your home and pets, even if she is not taking the best care of them I don't for a second doubt that she loves them. I worry about being able to find a new apartment and that it will be in time to take him. I wasn't expecting this and the time frame is uncertain but he will be coming with me. Even if he was not coming I would be looking into another apartment because in the year that I have been in this one my car was vandalized and then stolen, someone forced their way past Bill into the building that was obviously on drugs and looking for a tattoo parlor (there is only a florist shop and four small apartments in my building) and then over the past weekend the florist shop was broken into and the florist assaulted. She is OK but still, three strikes and I am out of there. I had asked my landlord before if my friends mother was willing to give up Harry if I could take him in and he had said no so if things go badly and I still have not found a place to move before he needs to leave the condo I will approach my landlord again and ask if I can take him while I look for another place to live since I will be moving anyway.

Harry's story for those don't know it is not as bad as some poor birds but still not what he deserves. His owner took me in when I was homeless during my divorce from a very abusive man. I got Noodle at that time and she already had Harry. Reading on how to care for Noodle made me realize Harry's life was not quite right. He was kept in his cage with only one acrylic toy and he was kept covered all the time. He screamed and when he did so his owner would scream back and throw things at his cage. I showed an interest in him and gradually she got more interested too but when he came out of his cage he would lunge and bite everyone but me, he only bit me once and that was when I was taking him to the vet and he shouldered instead of going into his carrier and when I was trying to get him back to my arm his owner came with a perch which he is terrified of in human hands because they usually strike his cage when he was loud and he got me but didn't draw blood thankfully.

He has a mild barbering problem on his chest, often his water would be green from not being changed and he didn't get fresh foods and would be left to eat what food he tossed out of his bowl on the bottom of his cage because she thought he was doing it out of spite.

While I was there I took him to the vet, bought him toys and made sure he had fresh food and tried to get him out as much as I could. He seemed to be happier but after I left she slipped back into old habits and her son who I work with and have been friends with since I was 17 only tells me very little when I ask but has let me know when he was out of food or destroyed a favorite toy so that I could help out like that.

I feel horrible they are losing their condo but I am glad that he was able to convince her that giving me Harry would be a good idea, she will only be keeping the dog with her when she goes and was relieved when my friend suggested since Harry was willed to me anyway to see if I will take him sooner.

So, that is how things stand in a huge rambling nutshell.

Artagiel

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Haley

Some pictures of Harry from when I was staying there. He loves my camera but I think he thinks it is a tasty nut to eat.

Oh I am going to need to stock up on almonds. Don't let me forget when he comes, lol.

Joey

Hit the Road
aah! i thought that was topie! haha aww he's so cute.
i love it when they ruffle up their feathers like in the last photo. <3

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Congrats!! He is a lucky boy!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Wow! He is so beautiful! I haven't really seen ycm before he is gorgeous. Can't wait to hear about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.