• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

for those that don't have/use the wingdow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdsFTW

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Maya
With all this recent talk and photos about Wingdows, anyone have a DIFFERENT window set-up for their birds?? Show us photos!!

I use Happy Perches and plastic suction cups. Raptor has his window "station" in the living room and Mika has his on the kitchen window. I also keep extra suction cups for Raptor's food skewer (he gets to dine with a view!) and for if I want to add more toys. They quickly became favorite hang-out spots!

raptorwindowperch.jpg

mikawindowperch.jpg

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
That looks great Maya! I dont have any window set ups. I would have to do a Wingdow because if they chewed on these new windows I would be out on the curb. :lol:

cosmolove

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
Ralphie has a window/shower perch :)

It moves from room to room with me and also in the car.

268446_1562251302961_1435681372_31699885_468368_n.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Very cute, Erika! I just bought multiple Happy Perches so I wouldn't have to move it around all the time. Hehe. They've got their permanent window stations, I've got a Happy Perch for the bathroom/shower, and I have a couple extras for the car or wherever else I'd like to use them.

That looks great Maya! I dont have any window set ups. I would have to do a Wingdow because if they chewed on these new windows I would be out on the curb. :lol:

Ooooh, your windows have a wood frame? Junk!! We have really big living room and kitchen windows so they can't mess with anything but what is right in front of them, but our birds don't mess with any non-bird things anyway. They're good boys like that. Hehe.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I use to have the typical window perch.
But it was no good with my guys - they'd always unhook the suction cups, regardless of that meaning they would fall down. It's like they couldn't learn ;)

cosmolove

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica (:
But it was no good with my guys - they'd always unhook the suction cups, regardless of that meaning they would fall down. It's like they couldn't learn ;)
Ralphie only gets one off then he squaks and doesn't do it again because he's afraid he will fall.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I used to use my beloved shower perch as well, but I had the same problem with Lola pulling the suction cups off of the window :( (It's a great shower perch though!)

kastelling

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
Maya, I am adding you to my "if I come back as a parrot I want to live at THEIR house" list. :lol:

I don't have any bird-safe windows, except my kitchen window, which looks straight into my duplex-neighbors back patio. Very awkward so I usually leave the blinds closed....

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
That's funny because when I first put him on the Happy Perch, he was very well behaved - I think because it was such a new thing for him. The second day, he discovered the suction cups and started gently nibbling at them - so I strategically placed the toys to cover the suction cups and he hasn't shown interest in the suction cups since (choosing between suction cups and T4W toys, the toys win!). He spends most of his time on there now and LOVES it. He's occasionally freaked out and flapped off wildly, whenever maintenance workers come right beneath our window, but other than that he has a blast. The bf is really happy I got Raptor Happy Perches too (Mika's had his window area for a while now) because he said now Raptor's playgym can stay put in the office "where it belongs". :rolleyes:

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Maya, I am adding you to my "if I come back as a parrot I want to live at THEIR house" list. :lol:

I don't have any bird-safe windows, except my kitchen window, which looks straight into my duplex-neighbors back patio. Very awkward so I usually leave the blinds closed....
Hehehehe. I would love to live at my house if I was a parrot as well, though that would mean there'd need to be a me-me and a parrot-me. :lol: Yeah, I don't think I'd want to have windows where people can look directly into my house... we're really lucky because our bedroom windows are guarded by loosely by trees and shrubs so you'd have to walk down a slight hill from the walkway to come look directly into the windows, and our living room and kitchen windows are located where, from the outside, you'd have to be like seven feet tall and climb up a slight hill in order to see into the windows (we live on a mountain). Lots of privacy at our place. :)

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
Sydney likes to sit on the window sill. I bought a happy perch for her thinking she'd enjoy it. She is terrified of it. Not wanting to waste $ I drape it in front of my computer monitor and it keeps her from going behind the monitor to mess with wires. She won't step on or over it. I may give it to my dad & sister for Ziggy the sun conure. I'd love to get a medium wingdow one day when I have extra $, if Sydney would use it, I suppose if she didn't I could hang on to it for my next birdie to use.

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Aw, what a bummer!! Raptor was hesitant to step onto it the very first time, but I put my finger on it and pushed down a little bit to show him it was stable and he stepped on up. At least you found a good use for the thing, though. Haha!

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
Back of a chair works just fine, though it can be a bit tiring... :)

outside.jpg watching.jpg yawn.jpg

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... look at that!! I don't have any chairs in my house because we haven't been able to find a small enough two-person dining table set to fit where we want it (we have one of those living/dining room combo townhouses)... :lol: I like how clean and neat your yard is!!

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
I tried a happy perch before but it couldn't hold up Douglas' weight! So that was a bust, haha.
Right now we have our wingdow, but the birds prefer to perch on the large boing i have hanging!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Raylan just has a shower perch on the front window. He doesn't need any toys because he's too busy screaming at all the birds outside :rofl:

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Wow, that's a great window station Maya! What are the toys hanging from? Suction cups as well?

BirdsFTW

Real Name
Maya
Yes, the toys are hanging from suction cup plastic hooks. They're the really strong suction cups that has a plastic covering so birds can't pull the suction cup off.

Ming: How much does Dougie weigh?? I would think the medium sized one would hold his weight...?

Status
Not open for further replies.