• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

For multii-bird owners.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
...do you have a FAVORITE in your flock?!? I've always been hesitant to ask this question because I don't want to have to face it myself.

I can honestly say that I can't choose between Gertie and Sam because they are so completely opposite. I love them both dearly, and could never say one or the other.

On the other hand, we have a GCC in our household that I don't like at all. He is officially my oldest daughter's bird, but I really don't like him much, and he hates me, and I am guilt-ridden about it. It just never clicked with us from day one. I know he deserves more attention. He's a constant reminder of how small-hearted I am.

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Percy is my first and favorite I have had him the longest 9 years so everone else is use to him being first he also is the only one bonded to me the others prefer my daughter

thejoie

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
This is a hard question and my answer varies depending on circumstance. Of my tame birds who want considerable amounts of out of cage time: If I want to interact one on one with a bird.... I go to Mia. She's always down for playing.
If I want to have a bird on my shoulder when I'm doing things, I go for Gus because he will sit there and be absolutely the sweetest muffin ever.
If I want the company of one of my birds... the best "all around" bird... who will spend time with me but not be DEMANDING of my time. Who will cuddle but doesn't NEED to be on me- that's Summer. She will sit on her stand with a toy and some food for HOURS each night with me.

It's hard to say who's the favorite because they're all so different!!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I couldn't pick.

Piper is my first bird, she chose me and she is the most lovable (and loving) bird I know.

Shade is my little baby. I can do just about anything with her and the trust level between the two of us is awesome.

Joey is my clown bird. He makes me laugh so much each day. And the progress I made with him (he preferred men before) lately..well it counts for a lot too ;)

Zuri was moved around and being able to get her trust and get her to be more confident is creating a special bond between us.

Petey is a little like Zuri...she was moved around quite a bit. However, she also really dislike women. Slowly we are having some type of relationship. It's taking more time and energy to create a bond of trust with her but I think I'm slowly making progress. Even though I can quite do as much with her as I can with the others, I don't love her any less. Plus she's an awesome dancer ;)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Truely is my heart, Trinket is my soul.

Ginger

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
With the birds I have, each is different...some like Poppa and some like me...I have never liked the word "favorite" and I have tried most of my life NOT to have "favorites"....do I gravitate more towards one bird????? I'm really trying to look back and see....NO, just some are more Needy than others is the best way for me to explain it...they come from bad back grounds and need the extra attention to help them adjust....:hug8:

Nelson & Gang

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Dana
As far as my personal birds go ~ I don't think I have a favorite. I'm definately not Zoe's favorite ... lol

I think the birds are a lot like my kids ... I love them equally for different reasons and different things. Their personal behaviors and manners are all unique and different.

I think of Nelson more like my baby I guess, b/c he was the only bird baby I had.

I know what you mean though about not feeling an attachment to some off them ~ but that one is your daughter's bird, not yours. I've felt that way about some of the rescue birds that have come through. They just don't like me and I don't form a bond w/ them, but my DH does. He's felt the same way w/ some as well. It happens.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I love Samantha..however, she is the queen so she demands favoritism..I love them all though..all

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
I'm not sure. I don't think i favour one more than another. Blinkie was the first in the flock, and he does get a special good night kiss which the others don't get, but that is a long standing habit between us that i never got the others into doing. There are a few in the flock that like to spend a lot of time with me, but i let them choose to do that rather than making them out of favouritism. :)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I try not to do favs either, that being said Solo is the closest living thing to a kid I will ever have.

Right at this minute he is getting yelled by me, but I adore him.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I don't really like the word favorite because it makes it sound like the other birds get less attention. I love them all.....BUT Tango has a totally different connection with me than any of my others. He is my birdy heart, that's for sure. :heart:

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I love all of mine dearly!:swoon: They are all so different.

trout

Real Name
Bobby
The birds picked. One of them wants to cuddle all the time and the other couldn't care if I'm in the room. :)

TwoG2s

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jaye
Truely is my heart, Trinket is my soul.
I love that!

I try not to do favs either, that being said Solo is the closest living thing to a kid I will ever have.
awwwwww...

Anu is a sweet lovebug and NEEDs to be loved and attended by me, so I do.

Zazu has so much character, he is developing into my 4th teenager. I love him just like I love all my teenagers (love them all to death, about 80% of the time; there are times though, grrrrrrrrrr uggghhhhh sighhhhhh)

Last edited:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
I love all five of my companions. It would break my heart if anything was to happen to either one of them. They all have their own personalities and are so different from one another.
The last two to join our family are about to have exactly the same cages as the rest, so that I am not thought to favour one above the other!:rofl:

Patricia

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Patricia Lippai
Oh dear,yes,Sunny is my boy.He is so sweet and just love to held a kissed all over.Then he kisses me all over the face.♥

Brigidt36

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Just like with my human kids, I have favorite traits of each....along with my not so favorite traits, lol. I do tend to spend more time with Max, my YNA (and Amazon's are one of my favorite birds), but it's because he gets real nippy and aggressive if I don't constantly work with him.

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I would have to say my favorite bird is Sammy. She is more bonded to me than any other fid I have. I love all of my birds a lot, but Sammy, is special, Sammy is very in tune with me, knows when I don't feel well, etc. Sammy is a rehome/rescue parrot, and I have a very very deep bond with her, she is like a child to me.

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Ok while I like to think I don't have favorites because I love them all so much. I have to admit that Gwen and Pretty are my favorites.:o: But it's more because of the bond I have with them and they with me and my husband(they both love him more then me:rolleyes:). But I do have special bonds with some of my other ones too.
Like out of my 8 budgies Tweet and Snowy are my boys. Tweet isn't tame but when I go up to the cage he will hang on the cage right in front of me listening to me sweet talk him, and he'll also eat millet out of my hand. And Snowy is my tame little mimic who comes to the front of the cage each night to get kissed at. I think he's trying to figure out how to make the kissing noise.
Then from my 7 tiels Prince for sure has a special bond with me. He's the sweetest little guy and he comes each night to get kisses through the cage bars. But I have to say since the whole toe incident with Akoya she has seemed different towards me so she might have a bit of a special place in me just because of that whole thing.
But I still love them all alot just acouple might have a extra little place in my heart. By having favorites it doesn't mean you dislike any or not love them.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others.
-- George Orwell, "Animal Farm"
No favs here!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.