• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flight suit or harness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
I plan on taking my future bird (hopefully a cape) outside.

Why do some people use flight suits and others harnesses? What are the pros/cons to both? Is the main thing about the flight suits just to contain poop?

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
100% the Aviator Harness. It is FAR safer to take them outside in because the Flight Suits are held to the leash with velcro, whereas the Aviator Harness is very tightly and safely stitched together. I also don't like that the Flight Suits hold the droppings -- they are meant to be expelled from the body in order to promote flight (keep the body as light as possible).

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I really don't care for flight suits even if I've never seen one. I have ordered an aviator harness and will give my review once I use it.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Flight Suits to me seem like a lot more about human convenience than bird safety or comfort.

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Flight Suits to me seem like a lot more about human convenience than bird safety or comfort.
That's what I was thinking. They look much easier to put on, but not very comfortable for the bird. It doesn't look all that easy to fly in either.

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
I use the Aviator and I love it. I have never used a flight suit, but I don't feel safe with how the leash attaches. I also feel like there is just too much material. Most of the bird is covered by the flight suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.