• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Flight Styles?

Flight Style

• Relatively straight, point A to point B.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • U shaped. Launch point to lower then a swoop up to a landing point.

Votes: 17 32.1%
  • Downish. They don't get any lift, but they don't fall either

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Creatively. Who knows what they're thinking when they take off!

Votes: 32 60.4%
  • Not a flyer (clipped or unable to)

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Not a flyer (choose not to)

Votes: 4 7.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleBirdAirlines

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey "Lynz"
My bird is like yours Cydney :p She does the U but she's also a creative flyer. And a very frantic one. Some time she'll ZOOM in a bee line and other times she'll kind of take off and make it up as she goes.... including the destination, which doesn't work out so well. xD Flies around in crazy circles until she picks a spot. What a weird bird! Hehe

Jacob

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Herdis
Jacob has been flying for about 3 months now so his flying skills are steadily improving. He is mostly point A to point B flier but I have noticed some U shaped swoops developing.

John I find it so sad that Tika and Amanda where treated so horribly that they are now afraid to fly. It brings tears to my eyes that they have forever been robbed of the joy of flight.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Toc is craaazzzy with his flying. He'll take off, do loops, land, take off again, up down, around... you never know where he's going. and he's sooo clumsy he just bangs into everything. He sucks at landing - he'll always misses and ends up sliding or falling behind something

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Samantha flies like a jet fighter...she is nuts...totally nuts..Mitch does not fly as well...just seems to fly once in a while and not far....

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
Ruby would be a "point a to b" flyer. She only ever flies when she wants to get from wherever she is, to me. Sometimes if i move or something she will do a lap or two of the room to get her landing gear sorted again lol

All the others just fly in random patterns around the room, except for poor Lola who cant fly :(

clawnz

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Clive
Picture 'L' shape Flight.

Tweety was a terrible flyer and her deformed feet meant she was shocking at landing as well. She could not fly when I got her at 6mths old. I worked with her, to the point of pushing her out of the cage in the mornings, knowing she had to fly back to get the food and water.
She did manage to fly far enough that I lost her, after making a silly mistake.

Tinkerbell is one speciality flyer, she is high speed motion. Yet seems to have very little trouble avoiding things, like when I move the plants around. Or when she does a runner from me, she will go into the lounge. She can also stop on a dime.

Henry has only just got the strength to fly freely. He was only a straight line fid when I got him, and over 4mts he was poked. A panic flight would see him crash into what ever was in front of him. 5mths later he can fly up to a glass door realise that it is glass and fly around it. Plus, only just the other day, he came to the new small gym by the dinner table and hovered around the top as it is not the same easy landing the old one had.
His flight is a lot better and he avoids Tinkerbell well when the cross at speed, (she used to knock him out of the way) going in opisite directions. He is not fast, but not that slow anymore.

Coco was a master at flight, not fast, just very good at the art of flying. he could hover around my head while trying to land on it and I was trying to brush my hair.
He was just a house guest for 11days.
He was one that worried me, as I have seen him have a blind panic moment on two occasions in his on home. I have seen him fly straight into a wall, into window. And it is not pretty, so I can understand why some get worried about them hurting theirsevles and they then get the fid clipped.
Luckly Coco has been left unclipped. And he did not fly into a thing, well maybe he did try it once, but it was not flying into it, he was on a rack beside the door (about 10in away) and I think he tried to take off in that direction. So basicly jumped into it.

The thing I always go on about, is that none on them have crashed into all the glass around them? Well again maybe Henry has, but that was after Tinkerbell came screaming around the corner and he was making every effort to stay airbourne going the other way. End result she knocked him off balance, crash.

I have posted before, the inside of the 'L' shaped conservatory is all glass. The other side and end are 3x doors (glass), 2x french windows (all glass). None of this is covered, except the blinds hung down to help stop some of the heat.
Sure they have flown up to it enough to leave the odd dust mark.

Dax

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brad
Howard is a precision flyer. He is very fast, flies up and down the stairs, does laps, hovers, turns on a dime and lands exactly where he wants.
I would really like to get a picture of Merlin flying like this. I think they are just awsome.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
I wish I could let mine fly but Topper keeps herself clipped and I have to keep Elima clipped for Topper's safety. I think Elima has some skillz though because even with a clip she can fling herself where she wants to go and if she has enough altitude she can even turn but she's flapping like mad the whole time. :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I voted in 5 categories out of 6.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
:lol:That's so funny. I'm sure they'll get the hang of it eventually.

My parrots are jet fighter fliers and will even fly sideways through a slightly open door. My home often feels like a Quidditch Forum. and it has been suggested that I consider wearing a helmut during these times.:lol:
Saemma,

You crack me up totally!:) When all of my five are out at the same time, I get the same sort of situation. Too many birds flying all over the place and chasing each other. Well, I guess only four of mine fly unless Tuchis is finding his evil side and knocking Clancy to the ground...then she might take a quick flight if she decides it's safer than falling to the ground.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Archie's flying can best be described as erratic. Its almost like he gets going too fast, so then pulls up a bit to slow down, then decides he needs to go faster so beats those wings some more, sees a spot at a 90 degree angle from where he is now that looks like a potential landing...decides after making the turn he'd rather not land there, and returns to his playstand. Kind of like a kid driving a manual for the first time. Leap forward! kill the engine. Leap forward! :D

ronsig

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
My two budgies fly everywhere together.
I don't know how they do it. Do they decide ahead of time to fly into the kitchen? Or does one take off and the other one follows within a fraction of a second?
When I got Tweety from the shelter, he was a poor flyer and worse at landing. He learned fast...:)

Sigrid

Spinderella

Real Name
Chloe
Sparx is DEFINETLY a U-shaped flier. She will swoop down real low and then swoop up to the landing point. She gets so close to the floor/railing/objects, it scares the **** out of me sometimes!!!!! =/

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Yep mine are crazy flyers lol I don't think they enjoy it they are so flustered when they fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.