• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First day of sunlight

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
My little lovies are in getting 20 min of sunlight for the first time! I’m also hoping that the outside stimulates them to be more active and interested in other things besides me. Wally is nuts, sprinting, and chewing. He tried a millet and played with a toy. Eva, has always been a bit of a slow grower, she definitely grew in size, caught up her milestones, grew her feathers in. She spunky and loud but really shows no interest in anything else besides simply just sitting in our hands or being “fed” like a baby from Wally. I’m hoping seeing the outside goings on will spark that curiosity in her. Anyone else’s baby lovies just not show much interest in anything at around a month old? Definitely don’t want to compare, as she will get there. But she eats, she squawks, she runs (she is so fast, and almost caught wind and glided today) so there no part of her that is listless. She’s just not interested :banghead:

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
This might be because their brooder is lined with wee wee pads that cover the sides completely cus they like to poop with their butts up. So they don’t get to see a lot of what’s going on, unless they are out with me, being fed and hanging out. And because they were so young, I wanted to provide a controlled area so they could sleep without too much stimulation.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Enjoy these time. It flys. Congratulations on the babies. They are so cute!! Keep pictures and video! I didnt keep much pics or mine, now am regreting it
I can’t stop taking pics hahah your birdies are so cute!! Your green one reminds me of my Wally

DORIS123

Strolling the yard
They grow really fast!!!!!!!!!!! I miss those days when they are still little. If you spend time with them, they will be really attached to you. Mine fly to the door every time I came home(I dont cage them). One small tips, try to be mindful when you handle them especially when cutting nail, they remeber things. I took my bobo to cut nail when she was 5 weeks old, it probably truamatize her, she became really agreesive towards hand since then. Be respectful to them is really the key to have a good relationship.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
They grow really fast!!!!!!!!!!! I miss those days when they are still little. If you spend time with them, they will be really attached to you. Mine fly to the door every time I came home(I dont cage them). One small tips, try to be mindful when you handle them especially when cutting nail, they remeber things. I took my bobo to cut nail when she was 5 weeks old, it probably truamatize her, she became really agreesive towards hand since then. Be respectful to them is really the key to have a good relationship.
Some opt to get them groomed so they don’t have to be the bad guy haha. Does everyone nail trim smaller birds, anyone leave it?