• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

First attempt at an Agility trial

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
My Armina is very shy and anxious, so it was a shock to me when she really took to the agility activities during one of our enrichment classes.
She's not fast (at least not yet) but she clearly enjoys it enough to push herself a bit out of her comfort zone.
Our biggest hurdle before doing any trials has been anxiety about crating.. so this was our test to see if she could handle being crated for an hour around other noisy dogs and people, and still have any drive for the course.

I've never really put any full photos of myself out here but I feel like sharing her accomplishment and I think I kinda trust you guys :roflmao:

Mina running a simple intro course

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I can’t see the video, but it sounds like a great start!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I don't know much about ability trials but it looks like a good first go to me. What breed is Mina. She looks like she might have some border collie in her.

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
I don't know much about ability trials but it looks like a good first go to me. What breed is Mina. She looks like she might have some border collie in her.
The shelter was told she was a pyranees border Collie cross. Did a DNA test and it came back 50% pyranees, and the rest is Australian shepherd with a slight touch of mountain cur and coonhound!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Ahh. Australian shepherds do look a bit like border collies. The ears and hunched posture would be the biggest visual difference.

You should look up the videos of the sword fighting Australian shepherd. They show up frequently on my Facebook feed. The videos are hilarious.

Shannan

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shannan
Can't see the video either but that is great news and you are right to celebrate. My dog is very shy and anxious too but she really really enjoyed agility class. It helped her build her confidence a good deal. Congratulations on your success!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
That looks great!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month