• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Fiona now regurgitating

Status
Not open for further replies.

citronlover

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I saw her eat and was hopeful, but she just puked up what she had managed to get down :( I'm so worried about her, and exhausted from crying... I don't know what to do for her, and the vet said she should be okay and to keep an eye on her for a couple of days... But if she isn't able to keep down her food I'm scared she'll starve on top of everything else :(

UPDATE
My mom is phoning the vet to ask that they take care of her until she is better... I'm so glad that we can afford to do something like this, and I hope that they give it the okay.
She's playing on my keyboard right now, like she usually does, but her wheezing seems to be getting worse, and she feels way too light... :( oh my poor little girl....

Last edited:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
:hug8: :hug8: :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Did they do an xray to see if she's got an enlarged proventriculus? Or if she's got some kind of obstruction in her crop? Make sure you know what their going to do. She should be in a warm incubator with oxygen and they should start crop feedings. Just don't assume they know what they're doing. Many prayers for her to get better.

Ginger

citronlover

Avenue Veteran
Thank you everyone she is back at the vet. The avian vet that's there today will do an assessment on her again once she's out of surgery and they will phone me with an update. I believe they will be giving her oxygen and keeping her warm again, like last night.

And I'm sorry Marie if I shouldn't have posted this again here, I just wasn't sure what to do about her regurgitating, but now she is back at the vet and I think they will do what they can to help her. :(

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Posting it here was a good thing. Besides more helpful suggestions we can also give you comfort and strength and wait with you.
:hug8:

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I'm going to add little Fiona to my prayers tonight. Hoping her vet finds out exactly what's ailing your little girl. Stay strong little Tiel.

citronlover

Avenue Veteran
Posting it here was a good thing. Besides more helpful suggestions we can also give you comfort and strength and wait with you.
Thank you, I appreciate it so much!,

I'm going to add little Fiona to my prayers tonight. Hoping her vet finds out exactly what's ailing your little girl. Stay strong little Tiel.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't believe the support everyone is giving me and her, it's making me cry. I really appreciate every thought you guys put towards her, I know it'll help :heart:

greymatron

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Nicole
I hope she's able to improve and they figure out what is wrong.:hug8:

citronlover

Avenue Veteran
[video=youtube_share;_7GXQfVv0PM]http://youtu.be/_7GXQfVv0PM[/video]

I took a few moments to record what her behaviour was like before I decided I couldn't watch over her properly and I decided to take her back to the vet.... :( You can see how tired she is...

Here's a second video... I don't know if it'll work, I'm sorry if it links to the same video.

[video=youtube_share;gfgmmdC763I]http://youtu.be/gfgmmdC763I[/video]

Last edited:

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I am so sorry! Many prayers for Fiona! Lots of hugs for you!:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Dana Lee

Real Name
Dana
Prayers for Fiona :hug8:

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
:sadhug: I hope the vet can take her in and keep her under their care. Best wishes for her to get well soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.