• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finch nudy bum

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
my female finch has seemed to pluck her bottom and has started nesting i have not breed finxhes before and this is all new to me
She seems to have a big bottom at the moment no eggs as of yet as she isn't always sitting in the nest box but some night she dose advice finch parents thanks

Attachments

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Can you hold her under a good light and get a picture?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Good job. Wow she really did pluck herself bare. Can you give her some nesting material? Even just paper shreds will do, or hay, or grass if it’s not been treated or fertilized. I put some in the nest and some in a little box on the cage floor.

She will lay at least 3 eggs before she sits on them. Try not to mess around in the nest too much.

What else do you need to know?

Queen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bianca
Good job. Wow she really did pluck herself bare. Can you give her some nesting material? Even just paper shreds will do, or hay, or grass if it’s not been treated or fertilized. I put some in the nest and some in a little box on the cage floor.

She will lay at least 3 eggs before she sits on them. Try not to mess around in the nest too much.

What else do you need to know?

Thats seems fine is so just get some nesting material
Is it normal if she's not in the nest all the time I know she hasn't layed yet anyway :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes. Even after an egg or two she will come out. Then she’ll start sitting in earnest.
Do you have egg food?