• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Finally starting to open up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
We've had both our cockatiels together for 1 month now and I am sooo happy that they're starting to come out of their shell.
They now move about their cage more, our male Zuko plays with his toys (even starting to carry around some foot toys!) and Aang is sleeping on one foot now with her little head back. They preen each other for a few minutes! I'm so glad they seem comfortable and I'm even more excited that they like their toys now, I cannot wait for them to get their toys from MSBS and Oliver's Garden!!!! I'm happy that their happy...
they still are afraid of me whenever I offer them my hand to step up I hope one day I can have them on my shoulder or just let them let me pet them until then this is more than enough. I would have never thought I would come to love and respect my birds, or birds in general this much. This forum is a huge plus for me so many friendly people, awesome advice, awesome ideas its all so cool!

Thanks for reading my ramblings lol.
some pics... 2012-09-19 10.48.43.jpg 2012-09-19 10.51.01.jpg (i need to download some new ones) lol

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Awww your babies are sooo beautiful.. :swoon: And your soo lucky that your tiels like each other, mine do not get along at it so I have to cage mine seperately.. :rolleyes: And I'm sure one day your Zuko and Aang will come onto your hands, it just takes time and patience.. :) My Mikey who I adopted from a local animal shelter, well he was very afraid of hands too, but as time went by and he got used to me, he eventually came to me.. :highfive: I too have learned so much from this forum.. :heart:

glittersparkles

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Layla
They are both beautiful! Glad to hear they are settling in nicely. Had mine 3weeks now and ziva just started playing with her cage toys :D :D

meaggiedear

Real Name
Meagan
I've got some minor tension in my flock, but everyone stays peaceful and lives together. Your babies will trust you more and more with time. Just yesterday, my most unfriendly bird ran across me while i was laying on the floor while bat birding and squawking like a mad man. haha. So, it takes time- But they learn to love and trust eventually.

Mrcrowley

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
Hey try finding a treat they like and hand feed it to them it might make it easier to handle or step them up later on . Another thing to try is one of the perches in there cage use it to teach them to step up then after that step up to finger a great way to bond to them is the train them it builds trust and is fun for both of you. good to see them getting along :D

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
They are beautiful! I am sure it won't be much longer before they trust you completely. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.