• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Finally Pictures

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Honestly I have no idea. Levi and Ivy were my Mom's birds and they were both wild caught. I took them in when my Mother passed years ago. I had a really bad car accident about 12 years ago totaling my car. I almost lost my leg and I lost 3 of my birds and Levi lost a part of his foot and part of one of his wings. He is really old now and the Vet always tells me she is surprised that he is still with me.
I’m sorry for your losses. Thank goodness you still have your leg! Cherish every moment with Levi!

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Honestly I have no idea. Levi and Ivy were my Mom's birds and they were both wild caught. I took them in when my Mother passed years ago. I had a really bad car accident about 12 years ago totaling my car. I almost lost my leg and I lost 3 of my birds and Levi lost a part of his foot and part of one of his wings. He is really old now and the Vet always tells me she is surprised that he is still with me.
Oh my goodness I'm so sorry to hear about your terrible accident and the loss of your fids and your and Levi's injuries.
So glad to hear that you and he both recovered.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Your flock and puppies are beautiful!! I'm so sorry to hear about your car accident and the loss of some your flock! How traumatic! :bluhug:

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
I’m sorry for your losses. Thank goodness you still have your leg! Cherish every moment with Levi!
Thank you! I really do cherish him, he is more than just a bird, he really is family and my last connection with my Mom. I really dread the day I have to say goodbye, it is a thought each morning when I go to uncover him.

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
I love mini Macs. They've such big personality. I am looking for a hahns for last few years, they're my dream bird.
I've always had the big macaws but my mom had a red bellied macaw back in the 70's they didn't do well here in the United States but I see people in other countries seem to do well breeding them. That bird was my only experience with mini macaws before these two. Mini macaws are underrated by most people. I hope that you get to realize you dream, I see them for sale quite often.

howdymjm

Meeting neighbors
He was a quiet bird who liked to talk a lot before Amanda (we usually call her Mandy) came to live with us. She was a few years old when I got her. A lady needed to get rid of her and I had been looking for a Illiger's and a Yellow Collared Macaw. The lady had a lot of birds and Amanda was very loud and was always trying to get attention. Zack sucked it all up live a vacuum cleaner! She is so much better now and he has settled down but they play what I call birdy relay. They make noises and sounds back and forth to each other. I use to be able to tell them apart but they both sound just alike now. Zack a one person bird, NO. None of my birds are nippy. They know not to put their beak on me and they know that mom don't taste good! LOL Now that doesn't mean that I don't get bite now and then but it is very unusual.
Do Zack and Amanda physically interact with one another or just vocally? they are all beautiful. Thanks

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
Do Zack and Amanda physically interact with one another or just vocally? they are all beautiful. Thanks
NO... I always thought that Zack would do good with a little friend instead of being the only little bird. We find Mandy and bring her home and she has always been so aggressive towards Zack. I thought over time she would settle down but NO she hasn't. She will lung at him any time she gets the opportunity to. She is so jealous of him too. She acts ugly when I interact with him but he isn't that way when I interact with her. I tell him that he's got to stand up for himself but he doesn't do it, he just looks at me like Mom she's so mean.

Mandy was clipped on one wing and on the other wing all of the flight feathers were broken off down to the quills. I questioned what had happened supposedly she fell and broke them. She was always clipped so she has never flown. She would always just sit and beg to be picked up or moved to where ever she wanted to go, it was heart breaking. Every Vet that we have been to told me there was no reason why they shouldn't come back in. After many years 4 maybe 5 now she has finally gotten all of them back except for 2. Its really weird too because she will molt out the surrounding feathers just not those and molting has been an issue with her. Last year she molted pretty good and this year she has really molted. She has always been so protective of that wing. I tried to look the other night to see if the quills were still there and what the missing feather area looked like but every time I got close to getting the other feathers out of the way to look she would wiggle and I would have to start over. This weekend when I have some help I am going to check it out.

Any who... Zack can fly away from her if she goes after him. Mandy is flying a little now and getting better all the time. Once she is fully flighted it might get interesting around here. It is my hope that she won't want to spend every moment outside the cage trying to chase him down and try to get him. Here is what her wing looks like, well the 2 feathers that were coming in are in all the way now. The other pic is of her after she was manhandled, she gave me kisses and all was good.

M1.JPG M2.JPG

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful flock.