• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Finally Pictures

Aviphile

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
DeeDee
Here are some pictures of my birds.

This is Amanda, she is the sweetest most delightful bird expect she is soooooo jealous of Zack.

Amanda.JPG

This is Zack, he demands everything be on his terms.

Zack.JPG

This is Heidi, the diva.

Heidi.JPG

Last but not least is Levi, this is an old picture of Ivy (front) and Levi (back). Ivy is no longer with me and Levi is very old now.

Ivy and Levi.jpg

I also have 2 Shelties (Shetland Sheep Dogs) Piper (left) and Cameron (right).

Piper - Cameron.JPG

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Signe
Beautiful birds! What species is Zack?

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
What’s Amanda’s species?! They’re all beautiful!

Love your pups too - I’ve had my Ruby for 6 months (1st time dog owner). She’s a sheltie too. :)

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Omg how beautiful all your birds are :heart: Thank you so much for sharing, do you still have Zack?

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
What’s Amanda’s species?! They’re all beautiful!

Love your pups too - I’ve had my Ruby for 6 months (1st time dog owner). She’s a sheltie too. :)
Thank you,
Amanda is a blue wing or Illiger's macaw. Shelties are the best dogs, so smart, you picked a great first dog. My Mom bred shelties and collies so I grew up with both.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Thank you,
Oh yes! Zack isn't going anywhere, he's a momma's boy :) He'll be 9 next April.
:heart: Awesome! Does that mean I can hassle you for more pics of Zack? I am interested to learn and see more of Zack if you are willing to share when you have time.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Very beautiful flock you have! Love your cutie pooches too! :swoon:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What an absolutely lovely feathered and furred family you have! I've never seen anyone with a Blue Headed Macaw before on the forums. I second the wanting to see more pics please :heart:

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Amanda is adorable! I’d love more pictures of your flock :heart:

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow!!!!such gorgeous flock, and you kept us waiting for their pics!:cautious: Just be assured, I'll keep bugging you for more stories of your flock. Your furry babies are also very sweet.:heart::heart:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Beautiful :)

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
:heart: Awesome! Does that mean I can hassle you for more pics of Zack? I am interested to learn and see more of Zack if you are willing to share when you have time.
What would you like to know? This is him yesterday in a blanket getting his beak filed. I should have taken a better picture showing that he is really just laying on his back on a blanket with it thrown over the top of him. The look he is giving you is why are taking a picture of this!

Zack1.jpg

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
What is the demeanor of blue headed macaws? are they loud, one person birds, nippy, etc. Know they are somewhat rare. Thanks
He was a quiet bird who liked to talk a lot before Amanda (we usually call her Mandy) came to live with us. She was a few years old when I got her. A lady needed to get rid of her and I had been looking for a Illiger's and a Yellow Collared Macaw. The lady had a lot of birds and Amanda was very loud and was always trying to get attention. Zack sucked it all up live a vacuum cleaner! She is so much better now and he has settled down but they play what I call birdy relay. They make noises and sounds back and forth to each other. I use to be able to tell them apart but they both sound just alike now. Zack a one person bird, NO. None of my birds are nippy. They know not to put their beak on me and they know that mom don't taste good! LOL Now that doesn't mean that I don't get bite now and then but it is very unusual.

Aviphile

Real Name
DeeDee
How old is Levi? :hy:
Honestly I have no idea. Levi and Ivy were my Mom's birds and they were both wild caught. I took them in when my Mother passed years ago. I had a really bad car accident about 12 years ago totaling my car. I almost lost my leg and I lost 3 of my birds and Levi lost a part of his foot and part of one of his wings. He is really old now and the Vet always tells me she is surprised that he is still with me.