• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fifi laid her 4th egg today!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrin091

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Merrin
Can't help but shout it out loud! Fifi laid another egg today! It's her fourth egg, and the first two eggs broke. . .So, she's first-time breeder and how many does a first-timer usually lay? I've heard about 4 eggs, and the usual is 7 eggs. Ooooh! I can't wait! I just hope that those eggs are fertile. I'm sooo excited! I usually place them outside for some fresh air before when the egg was still one. Now that they have two in the box should I keep them in the house now? I'm afraid the eggs might die if I keep moving them. I'll keep on chirping if it hatches!

Egg.jpeg such cute baby eggies...

Keep on flying guys! :dancing:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
I wouldnt be tou ching the eggs so much..they are cute tho....I would say 1-11 eggs.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Congratulations! :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

Matt

vancha

Sprinting down the street
Eggs, at this point, pretty much take care of themselves. Or at the very least, the birds know how to do it. The eggs are in a dormant state; the germinal disc, as it is called, is in a sort of hibernation that will only end when temperatures rise to those high enough to allow for incubation. I've heard this is at about 85F, so keep their environment cool. You should educate yourself on embryology and eggs in general, because a firm understanding will help you in every manner.

Although this site is about chickens, I feel it is a good resource:

4-H Embryology: A School Enrichment Project | UNL Extension in Lancaster County

And this, of course:

Candled Eggs

You don't necessarily need to candle your eggs, but knowing what happens is a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.