• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fiddle farting with this ...

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Omg it’s so cute!! Love it! Would it work for a black capped conure?? He’s like the size of a green cheek conure...
Two things about this toy:

1) The reason for smaller birds is their body would not or should not get stuck in the spiral area should the bird crawl its way into the spiral area. If a bird's body is larger it could get into a predicament in the spiral area.

2) The stainless chain is a lighter chain, its smaller than the typical 1.6mm chain I use on my toys. I don't think any small bird would even break the chain but a larger bird might. Plus a larger bird will break the plastic beads on the toy.

Anyone can buy it, it's just that I made it for bird size intended being the small parakeet/budgie, lovebird, parrotlet, cockatiel and any other similar bird size. Conures would most likely not destroy anything on the toy except maybe the plastic beads. The inside of the spiral is probably not big enough.

I have on order a 5/8" wide stainless that will be longer to enable me to make a bit larger spiral than the Bellafonte. So with that said, any small or up to medium bird would be safe with that one to come.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I have on order a 5/8" wide stainless that will be longer to enable me to make a bit larger spiral than the Bellafonte. So with that said, any small or up to medium bird would be safe with that one to come.
:yes4:

LovieLouie

Sprinting down the street
Two things about this toy:

1) The reason for smaller birds is their body would not or should not get stuck in the spiral area should the bird crawl its way into the spiral area. If a bird's body is larger it could get into a predicament in the spiral area.

2) The stainless chain is a lighter chain, its smaller than the typical 1.6mm chain I use on my toys. I don't think any small bird would even break the chain but a larger bird might. Plus a larger bird will break the plastic beads on the toy.

Anyone can buy it, it's just that I made it for bird size intended being the small parakeet/budgie, lovebird, parrotlet, cockatiel and any other similar bird size. Conures would most likely not destroy anything on the toy except maybe the plastic beads. The inside of the spiral is probably not big enough.

I totally understand! I don’t want my bird to get hurt either and he is definitely larger than a lovebird so I will be patiently waiting to see what you do with the 5/8” spiral.:D I’m sure it will be awesome!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love it!!!

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Jan
How does this one tinkle? Is it a pretty sound?

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Did you see the video? I have one on the site in the product description area. You can hear it tinkle! It has a light tinkle sound, tinkle, tinkle, tinkle!! :) SSBT-Bell-Fon-Bellafonte I have some of the welds done, I have to weld the parts that go inside the bells first before it is all put together then weld the other top chain areas. I'll be getting my pricing figured out later this evening. There will be only 5 of these toys available until I can get more stainless to make the spiral section.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I now have the Bellafonte toy available for purchase. There are only 5 at this time but I will be ordering more of the stainless for the spiral in a few days

I will be getting in the 5/8" wide stainless for the little bit bigger version of the spiral on Monday, so hopefully that works out well.