• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Fenix and I!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenix

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Derek
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Fenix is 4 months old and a wonderful little guy! My parents and grandmother had various birds growing up and I loved them so I wanted to get one myself. I also work from home for the most part so I wanted a companion on my shoulder. About 2 weeks ago I asked my girlfriend of 2 years to marry me and she said yes (thank God!). Later that week while she was at work I was out shopping and my brother needed to get something from petsmart. So we stop in and there was Fenix in his cage with a crowd of people. He seen me and came directly over to me and stayed in the corner with me for about 10 minutes when everyone else was trying to get his attention. I figure the polite thing to do is walk away and let other people see him. My brother and I continue our shopping so we are just about to check out and there is still a crowd of people but I want to say good bye. I go there and again he comes right over to me. I snap his picture and text it to my fiance and tell her the story. She says "awww but right now might not be a good time as we are having or kitchen remodeled. So the day goes by the night we go to bed and the next morning arrives. She wakes up smiles at me and says "I love you, go get your bird." and hands me the money for him. I have had him about 3 weeks and he has already brought us so much joy. The dogs, my kids, my fiance, and I all love him. He is perfect for us! I do IT work for a living and I am a gamer so when I am working and gaming he is always in the office with me. Thats my story! Thanks again everyone for the warm welcome.

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
What an awesome story - nothing like a bird who picks you. Wishing you and Fenix (and the rest of your family of course) many happy birdie years to come! And welcome to AA of course, hope to see you around the forum :starshower:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Hello and :welcome: to the avenue..

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Welcome to the neighborhood Derek. What a great story! The best way to get a bird (in my opinion) is when they choose you first! :D

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.