• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feeling smug

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
When I did the bird chores this evening something amazing happened! None of my budgies have ever come for anything other than millet, & only two do for that.

Marzipan likes to fly to food dishes as I’m removing them & camp. Tonight, I reached in like always for the last dish but much to my shock he reached his beak over & nibbled my pointer finger with his beak & tongue ever so gently. I think he was preening my cuticle! I felt so honoured!:laugh:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Oh those types of moments are so fantastic :heart2:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Ahh beautiful! I can imagine how chuffed you are. I love it when Squeak decides I am ok to land on for a few minutes cos it very rarely happens.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
When I did the bird chores this evening something amazing happened! None of my budgies have ever come for anything other than millet, & only two do for that.

Marzipan likes to fly to food dishes as I’m removing them & camp. Tonight, I reached in like always for the last dish but much to my shock he reached his beak over & nibbled my pointer finger with his beak & tongue ever so gently. I think he was preening my cuticle! I felt so honoured!:laugh:
I know this joy and excitement! Congratulations!

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Thank you!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I love moments like that!!

avian2023

Strolling the yard
awesome and so happy to hear.. my female budgie always does that (not the male for some reason :) ) ...even i dont know myself that i had a cuticle until she does some times. And yes its very very gentle..like she will do for seconds/minutes and cuticle dint shrinks a bit .. sometimes i intentionally point my cuticle and she comes flying.. no idea how they will find such small things..

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Because Merlin overtly DEMANDS my attention, it's easy to underestimate how Percy feels about me, but I've heard so many stories of skittish budgies who were more bonded to their humans than anyone realized. I was gone for three days on a work trip, and while Merlin immediately started putting the charm on my sister, she said Percy was quieter and was reluctant to come out of his cage as often. I was honestly shocked to hear it, I thought he'd really only care that Merlin was around and that he was fed on the regular.

You were getting a little love, and there's probably an iceberg of attachment under there that you don't even see <3