• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Feeling pretty low

SmallFeather

Walking the driveway
Some of you may know that I adopted a budgie named Boyd a little while ago. I am pretty upset because I just had to give Boyd back to the vet. From the moment he got to my home to the moment he left it, he was always very nervous and stressed, though he made huge strides with trust towards humans. He would regularly go into panics at the slightest noise or movement, and he was always panting. The vet and I came to the conclusion, after a while, that Boyd wasn't suitable to be a single budgie and because I am not able to get a third bird, he was not a good fit for me. He is back at the vet's, where he is either going to go into sanctuary care or be bonded with another budgie and adopted out again. I can tell Barley already misses his chatter buddy. This is the second time I have had to return a bird I'm just feeling like a bad bird mom and needed to share.

Hjarta5

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
:hug8:

Maybe it feels like it now, but doing whats best for another living being - and not for ourself -- is the best bird mom and person.

Im sorry it didnt work out with Boyd, but it sounds like youre one step closer to finding the better fit for you and Barley :)

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah

Maybe it feels like it now, but doing whats best for another living being - and not for ourself -- is the best bird mom and person.

Im sorry it didnt work out with Boyd, but it sounds like youre one step closer to finding the better fit for you and Barley :)
I completely agree!! You're doing what's best for bird and that's what counts. I hope the right bird will find their way to you soon

Porter

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Maggie
I ad a budgie i adored heck i got her as a 10 week old baby.
I had to rehome her after 5 years of having her because of an obsessive hatred of one of my other birds.
She went to the vet for the third time with foot injuries from Porter and i decided for her own sake she needed a new home.

It's our job to make sure we do what is the best for the bird. Sadly not us.